Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Time for me to have a go at building a ITR

primera man
04-30-2002, 12:39 AM
Well it's time for the PMan to start the next project.
This is the last kit that DVS sent me(thankyou again :cool: ).
I know most have built one so there's not really much to tell about this kit.
Plans for it are nothing special.

I've been thinking about the final colour and have had many ideas floating around but in the end(call me boring !!) i will end up doing it white.

The reason being, its already molded in white...... i have never done a white road car before(beleive it or not !!).....and most of them here in NZ are white.
Also i want to use the red decals that come with it....and having it white will make them stand out really well.
It will be lowered as far as it will go, as i want it to have a really low slammed look
Dont know which wheels to use yet...probably be the TypeR ones, but painted either in a dark gun metal or in a silver alloy.
So far the body has been sanded and primed and all the other parts have had seem lines etc removed ready for painting.

Usual updates will follow

pkw1
04-30-2002, 02:47 AM
Revell or Fujimi? :)

Jonno
04-30-2002, 06:17 AM
I just got a Revell ITR, it arrived in the mail today i am pretty happy with the kit. Ill use the type R wheels...painted white... to look like powder coated rims. I wanna lower it just to look cool :sun: . Im going to paint the body blue maybe...
-Thug

primera man
04-30-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by pkw1
Revell or Fujimi? :)

Revell

flyonthewall
04-30-2002, 07:14 AM
Cool! Looking forward to seeing your version. I imagine its been a while since u did a kit with engine??? Any plans for that, and what's the plan for interior?

primera man
04-30-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by flyonthewall
Cool! Looking forward to seeing your version. I imagine its been a while since u did a kit with engine??? Any plans for that, and what's the plan for interior?

Most of the kit will be built straight from the box as i pretty much like the way it already is.
Interior will be a mix of either greys and blues or....... greys and reds to match the outside.

turbos86
04-30-2002, 01:39 PM
P-man, I just found out by comparing with the Fujimi decals, that the Revell Type R side decals are too big....yes, even bigger than the Fujimi ones. 1/25 bigger than 1/24, go figure :bloated:

patate
04-30-2002, 01:55 PM
why did nobody as did a drylake or saltlake revell itr?

primera man
04-30-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by turbos86
P-man, I just found out by comparing with the Fujimi decals, that the Revell Type R side decals are too big....yes, even bigger than the Fujimi ones. 1/25 bigger than 1/24, go figure :bloated:

It does make you wonder alright.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

primera man
05-02-2002, 11:46 PM
WOW....This really is a great little kit by Revell.
Been working on it non-stop and its coming along really well.
The engine is all finished and the engine bay detail done.
Interior is almost done to.
Underneath is finished and now awaiting what sort of wheels to go on it.

Been really shocked at how well things have gone together...parts fit together and dont need sanding etc etc like the older Revell kits.

The body has turned out really well.
Sprayed in Pure White.
Have used the "taller" front spoiler but filled the holes as they were not very well molded and i couldn't get them looking just right.

Hopefully get some pics up later on tonight.

Tazzilla
05-03-2002, 12:03 AM
got any pictures? I am working on my second ITR this time I am doing a few changes. Mostly paint color changes thinking of trying to build a 6 point rollcage but it looks more like I will build a four point cage as I see a tight fit between the seats and doors. I am painting it testors Sapphire blue metal flake with a turqoise and white interior.

primera man
05-03-2002, 03:53 AM
OK...Heres a few pics
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/371608MVC-035F.JPG
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/407602MVC-077F.JPG
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/997452MVC-082F.JPG

Tom_S8
05-03-2002, 04:00 AM
Looking good , but i can't judge on the color , as i think it's not natural light in the photos;)

primera man
05-03-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Tom_S8
Looking good , but i can't judge on the color , as i think it's not natural light in the photos;)

Its 9:10pm so the light and the picture is not the best, but i'll get a pic up in the morning

tazdev
05-03-2002, 05:44 AM
Damn Pman that is one tidy looking engine bay and interior.

Is it hand painted or sprayed?

primera man
05-03-2002, 06:04 AM
The whole lot is painted by brush as i dont own a spray gun.:( :(

Its all done with enamels that are warmed up under a hot tap so they flow even better.
Also, as they take longer to dry it gives you a bit more time to get the paint looking good.

patate
05-03-2002, 01:57 PM
how did you do the little cap on the engine head (red stripe) so well I always scrap mine it is now being 11 time I do it and it is not correct :mad:

primera man
05-03-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by patate
how did you do the little cap on the engine head (red stripe) so well I always scrap mine it is now being 11 time I do it and it is not correct :mad:
A very thin coat of paint so that it runs into the seems. Then painted with a small brush.

Got the wheels on last night to check the height etc
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/788981MVC-110F.JPG

patate
05-03-2002, 05:29 PM
most pics please :silly2:

patate
05-03-2002, 06:28 PM
maybe if you post pics from the side we could better see your choice of wheels. :hehehe:

primera man
05-03-2002, 09:54 PM
maybe if you post pics from the side we could better see your choice of wheels. :hehehe:

Here we go :p
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/239697MVC-116F.JPG

patate
05-03-2002, 09:59 PM
did you drop the front?

I think the type R wheel painted in white would look better ( but its your model)

primera man
05-03-2002, 10:05 PM
did you drop the front?

I think the type R wheel painted in white would look better ( but its your model)

The front was dropped just a little.

White wheels....i hate them !!!:devil: :devil:

patate
05-03-2002, 10:10 PM
maybe red type R wheels could look good or the wheels you have now but in a charcoal shade?

tazdev
05-03-2002, 11:23 PM
not a big fan of Honda/Acura but that one of yours looks preety good there PMan.

Have to agree with patate, there is just something that seems OFF with those wheels. Can't put my finger on it though.

Maybe when it is finished it might look like a more cohesive unit.

Tazzilla
05-03-2002, 11:49 PM
Looks like it will be another great model when you are done. Nice detail in the engine bay. Keep us posted with pics as you progress along.

fwdfreak
05-04-2002, 03:18 AM
Good job on that itr Primera man. Did you thin your enamels too our just put them into hot water for a while and then painted? It looks very good. And what size brush did ya use on the seats?

primera man
05-05-2002, 05:21 AM
The paints i left in hot water for 4-5 minutes.
Brush size was #2TAKLON SHADER.

Thought i'd add some nice dark tints today for a RICE look !!!:D :D :D
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/286055MVC-138F.JPG
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/718082MVC-139F.JPG
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/996645MVC-140F.JPG

Jonno
05-05-2002, 06:04 AM
that looks sweet,
What did you use for the tint?
Whats the green thing near the engine of the first pic?
-Thug

primera man
05-05-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by thug_9_6
that looks sweet,
What did you use for the tint?
Whats the green thing near the engine of the first pic?
-Thug

It was done with proper car window tint. The windows are nice and flat so you can get a good job done on them.

The green thing is tape which i used just to hold the windows in place to see what they looked like as all the window trims need painting yet

Add your comment to this topic!