Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blotchy HOK Kandy Tangerine???

hardcorvette96
07-31-2005, 03:44 PM
If anyone could help me i will greatly appreciate it.I will try to explain everything quickly.96 Vette...Two coats white base,three coats zenith gold,four coats tangerine,three clear.The car was blotchy almost everywhere.I am wondering if the I should have put on 4 maybe five coats of gold.The car looked covered comlpetely.I know now that white wasn't the right choice to spray over gold,But I am just wondering if it could possibly be another problem.I have everything to redo the car but wanna make sure that it is done right and HOK tech support doesn't really call ya back.Thanx Dave

crashfixer
08-01-2005, 06:01 PM
I would guess that the problems may have occured in the Kandy itself or atleast that is where it usually happens.Not talking bad about your skills or anything but have you sprayed kandy paint before?

tkfpainter
10-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Did you paind white over gold or gold over white?

here are some possible issues with you paint:

1. laid zenith gold too wet, and its blotchy (hok paints or others, metallics become blotchy and patchy if laid too wet).
2. You didnt walk the length of car and painted candy panel by panel. this will create darker over laid candy spots.
3. depending on the original color, the white was laid blotchy/patchy.

see some of learning experiences at tkfpaintshop.org

If anyone could help me i will greatly appreciate it.I will try to explain everything quickly.96 Vette...Two coats white base,three coats zenith gold,four coats tangerine,three clear.The car was blotchy almost everywhere.I am wondering if the I should have put on 4 maybe five coats of gold.The car looked covered comlpetely.I know now that white wasn't the right choice to spray over gold,But I am just wondering if it could possibly be another problem.I have everything to redo the car but wanna make sure that it is done right and HOK tech support doesn't really call ya back.Thanx Dave

Add your comment to this topic!