Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Small pin hole appeared in my paint..

mickbench
07-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Well, I have no idea what created the small hole in the hood of my 300ZX, but I'm a little pissed at it...

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2403/p63000244qz.jpg

Must have been grease or something on the surface.. God knows where it came from. I'll sand it with 1500, wash the part and recover.. I'm using automotive holts cherry red, and it covers soooo much faster then Tamiya TS.. This is only three coats. Two mist and a final wet and it's done... Shame the hole appeared..

I can't win can I.. Either the paint doesn't cover (yellow anyone) or it covers really well, and I get some sort of problem with grease or something.. Weird..!!

Oh, I think my flash has made the part look like its not covered well, but the colour is all even.. The lighter shade must have been the flash..

mike@af
07-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Ok. Just strip and repaint. Not really that big of a deal. Stuff like that can happen all the time.

klutz_100
07-31-2005, 02:09 PM
bummer! but I am sure that you will work your way through it as always :)

mickbench
07-31-2005, 05:44 PM
The part has just gone in DOT 4.. I sanded the area down, and re-painted but the areas around were getting darker and darker, and before long the white patch was red, buit not as red as the rest of the bonnet, and it then didn't match the rest of the car..

Shame that... Nevermind.. Hope I can get a match when I re-paint it once the paint is stripped off...!! :rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!