Page updated on 11-19-2017

Directions for removal of sunroof?

drunknorgy
07-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Ok, I'm one of those people who are having problems with their sunroof. I just bought a '99 Cougar with 60,000 miles on it for $4200. I knew the sunroof didn't work, but now I want to get it working again. The motor seems to work just fine. It seems as if the sunroof is "off track". Not quite sure how to fix it. Can anyone reccomend a site or tell me how to take the thing apart so I can fix it? Thanks!

jakegday
07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
its the track that commonly breaks on these things, not the motor, the shop i took mine to quoted me about $1200 if that gives ya idea as to how much labor is involved, which size engine does your cougar have?? if it has the v6 i'd say you got an extremely good deal (depending on body and interior condition)

jakegday
08-01-2005, 07:38 AM
i found a site where a guy shows how he actually fixed his track, it doesnt show how to install/uninstall it though, if you wanna check the link out let me know.....

drunknorgy
08-02-2005, 08:44 PM
I do have the V6, and I thought I got a pretty good deal. I took the sunroof out yesterday and got a glimpse of what was wrong. There are two little clips up front that look like they just snapped. Not quite sure how it happened, but it did. I'd like to get that website from you when you get a chance. Thanks!

jakegday
08-02-2005, 08:56 PM
I do have the V6, and I thought I got a pretty good deal. I took the sunroof out yesterday and got a glimpse of what was wrong. There are two little clips up front that look like they just snapped. Not quite sure how it happened, but it did. I'd like to get that website from you when you get a chance. Thanks!

that is EXACTLY right, 2 little piece of shit plastic clips, that is the problem in these sunroofs, heres the site

http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=95&threadid=90445

also check out http://www.cougarsunroof.com

drunknorgy
08-03-2005, 10:44 PM
I called Ford Motor Company today, and they just gave me the run-around. Told me that they would forward it to their "design team". What a load of crap. So, now I'm just going to seal it up because I can't afford to have it fixed.

jakegday
08-04-2005, 04:22 PM
I called Ford Motor Company today, and they just gave me the run-around. Told me that they would forward it to their "design team". What a load of crap. So, now I'm just going to seal it up because I can't afford to have it fixed.

lol, their design team that quit making cougars 3 years ago, right

Add your comment to this topic!