Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SLK or TT??

tannee
07-31-2005, 03:30 AM
Hey guys...
Im from sydney, and got a budget of about 40-45K AUD. Ive been looking at a 98-99 SLK230 Kompressor for some time now...and recently looking at the Audi TT Quattro Converible. I know this is the SLK forum, and you guys probably would vote for the SLK...but yeah any thoughts? Im looking for a nice slick eye catcher...The SLK is diff an eye catcher...and the TT is a bit of a VW beetle...any thoughts...

I've also got 2 15" Subs from my previous car i wanna put in this new car...and im not holding my breath if it can fit it or not...even one? even if i pull out the spare tyre?...any thoughts? I heard ya gotta take out your luggage outta the SLK before the roof goes back in...so ya think it would fit? Would it fit in the TT??

Any suggestions would be MUCH MUCH appreciated.

Thanks heaps.

Maxx941
01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
I personally enjoy the supercharged instant boost on the SLK, the TT is more distinctive looking though. SLK interior a bit tight for me, can't say about the TT. Theres a sliding cover in the trunk lets u know what fits inside when the top goes in. Maybe if you pulled the spare out you might fit 1 15" in some custom box, but probably not the best idea.
I drive the auto, but I think the 5-speed would be way more fun.
Oh and the SLK wins my vote for acceleration and handling.
Good Luck.

Samurai75007
01-28-2006, 12:41 PM
I would get the TT, All wheel drive... though that's me but there is a new TT that you may look at (http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2060112.005). And with the VR6 and 250hp your a chip away from the same power of the slk230.

Add your comment to this topic!