Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 Blazer Surging Forward

diddy0071
07-30-2005, 11:53 PM
When I'm at a stop, I notice my blazer idle high, and actually make the vehicle surge forward, unless I press on to the brakes tight. I don't know what the problem is. I got the vehicle checked for vaccum leaks, and got that fixed. I got my coolant flushed 2 days ago, and yesterday I got my A/C serviced. I also replaced a 02 sensor a few weeks ago (the one before the CAT CONVERTER) and that didn't seem to help. I'm all out of Ideas, and I don't want to take it to the dealer, or anywhere else for that matter. The Coolant cost me $80.00 plus $140.00 for the A/C. That's $220.00 in 2 days. I'm really low on cash right now, so I would like to fix this myself.

BlazerLT
07-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Any check engine lights?

diddy0071
07-31-2005, 12:57 AM
The Only one I got, was 3 weeks ago, about the 02 sensor bank 2. SO I replaced the sensor. No other SES lights ever since.

BlazerLT
07-31-2005, 01:02 AM
I still think you have a vacuum leak.

Spray all the vacuum lines with carb cleaner especially where they connect to their fittings.

If you note an increase in idle when spraying a particular area, you may have found your leak.

Remember, use CARB cleaner, not throttle body cleaner.

diddy0071
07-31-2005, 01:04 AM
Well, A few weeks ago, I asked a question about the air conditioner switching from the vents to the defroster by itself, and I was suggested to check for vaccum leaks. SO I actually took it in to Midas. They checked for any/all vacuum leaks. So There shouldn't be any.

BlazerLT
07-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Well, A few weeks ago, I asked a question about the air conditioner switching from the vents to the defroster by itself, and I was suggested to check for vaccum leaks. SO I actually took it in to Midas. They checked for any/all vacuum leaks. So There shouldn't be any.

A blind assumption is the mother of all automotive screwups.

Since when is Midas a place for engine problems.

If you don't want to take my advice, that is fine, but sitting behind your computer and not trying what I am telling you will get you no where.

diddy0071
07-31-2005, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I know Midas is not a mechanic, but I just wanted to get the A/C checked out. ANYWAYS, I checked it this morning, and still didn't find any leaks. I used a CARB cleaner, and couldn't find anything. I give up though, I might as well take it to a mechanic. Time to whip out the old VISA.

BlazerLT
08-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Check the vacuum hose going to the vacuum diaphram for the 4x4 actuator.

Also check the hose going to the vacuum ball.

Add your comment to this topic!