Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Blazer electrical events

Doc Blazer
07-30-2005, 10:10 PM
200k 4.3 many problems here goes, cranks but no start, gear shift on floor stuck in park. scanner says vehicle not responding. no test lights illuminate when key selected to run. follwing circuits are zero voltage ckd at fuse block - ECM/IGN- GAUGES- TURN BACKUP- ILLUM . ENG1 fuse read 1.7V. most of these are hot in run or start. I was thinking Ign Sw but am confused why I read 12V on brake fuse with key in run pos. I ckd all the fusible links I could find in eng compartment, no blistering on wire covering. Could not see grounds on rear of heads, too much junk in the way. reset all connectors at computor. No help. I saw a deal like this in the archives on a 94 4.3 and he changed the comp and a fuel inj module still had dead electrical areas like I do. If you know the answer to this puzzle step right on up!

BlazerLT
07-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Ignition switch for sure bro.

Doc Blazer
07-31-2005, 08:39 AM
ok I will try a ign switch. Change it by lowering the column or remove the column? And I hope not neccessary to change the lock cylinder . Thanks for the help.

BlazerLT
07-31-2005, 11:16 PM
search for ignition switch.

There is a guide in this section.

Doc Blazer
08-02-2005, 07:38 AM
replaced ignition switch all problems solved thanks. I would like to know what is that flapper thing that appears to cover some kind of vent on the lower side of the steering column.?

BlazerLT
08-02-2005, 10:32 AM
replaced ignition switch all problems solved thanks. I would like to know what is that flapper thing that appears to cover some kind of vent on the lower side of the steering column.?

Yes, it opens to cool the engine when the truck reaches Mach 1. :lol:

wolfox
08-02-2005, 02:04 PM
You're mean, BLT. ;) I like that...

BlazerLT
08-03-2005, 12:28 AM
You're mean, BLT. ;) I like that...

You know I was only teasin.......

.......or not

Add your comment to this topic!