Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

do cops log warnings

victimizati0n
07-30-2005, 06:30 PM
I got a warning the other day for speeding, im going to slow down, but i dont usually drive the car i got a warning in, my dad does.

My dad doesnt speed, but if he gets pulled over by a cop, will they know that the car had a warning, and give him a ticket?

Or is a warning just that - a warning, and nothing is written down?

Also, the guy got my house number.. why would he want that?

Mjollnir
08-01-2005, 04:43 PM
It's just a warning. Nohing is taken down, no records are kept.

Of course, this is in CA.

victimizati0n
08-01-2005, 10:18 PM
It's just a warning. Nohing is taken down, no records are kept.

Of course, this is in CA.

cool, thanks.. also, is this the Mjollnir from amdmb???

Igovert500
08-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Well I don't know entirely for sure...but i've been pulled over at least a dozen times in the last few years, and no cop has ever mentioned anything about my other warnings...

And if I were a cop and aware that the person I had just pulled over had been warned SOO many times before, I think I'd write a ticket...but so far, nothing, I keep managing to get out of them...

drdisque
08-02-2005, 12:10 AM
cops just write it in their own notebook if they want. They can share this with other cops in their department if they want too, but there's no official requirement for recording warnings and they're not reported to insurance or courts.

highteknology
08-03-2005, 10:16 AM
in my state, new mexico, a warning goes on your driving record for 90 days then it is erased. if you commit another infraction with in that 90 day period your warning turns into a ticket. that's just here though.

jabby_jabby
08-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Warnings CAN be officially recorded. But it's paperwork, and seeing as some cops won't wait at a red to pull a left into a Tim Horton's, I doubt they would go through that trouble. If you don't seem a threat to society, they'll let you off.

My mom got pulled over by the RCMP when we were driving out here. They gave her a warning. This warning is registered Canada-wide on the system. If she gets pulled over again, they will see that warning and will issue a ticket accordingly.

I apparently AM a threat to society. Single white female student with some animals, tall, skinny, pierced. On the outside, maybe not so much, but I drive a red coupe with a spoiler, I'm fucked. :)

Add your comment to this topic!