Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

May have found the problem

slow_99integra
07-30-2005, 02:38 PM
would a slipping clutch account for a boost spike and the lose of power i have been experiencing with me superhcarger. First noticed the spike the first time my clutch slipped and stunk up my car.

Schister66
07-30-2005, 06:19 PM
that could be the problem....when you noticed the boost spike, did the car rev really quickly???

superbluecivicsi
07-31-2005, 05:16 AM
boost is driven by the crank. boost is limited by the crank and pulleys you run. boost will be dependant on the tightness of your belts working with the crank and pulleys.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=434773

here you said your boost "SPIKE" is at 10 psi @ 6300 rpms.

the JRSC is not going to make much power in the top end (i assume most jrsc users should know this by now). your increase in fuel pressure due to the 5:1 JR fmu should follow accordingly

ex. if your stock fuel press setting is at 50psi and the jr fmu puts out 5psi of fuel pressure to every 1psi of boost. at 10 psi of boost, you should be at 100 psi of boost. assuming you really do have the stock pulley on (by the way, are you sure you are using the stock 6 psi pulley? how do you know this?) and actual boost is at 5 psi, the jr fmu is doing its job. a pos past 8 psi really.

i can see a different pulley other than JRs stock pulley doing this. take a look at an upgraded pulley system putting down 10psi. a vac leak or leak in the bypass valve or something blocking the bypass valve may create the targeted boost later on in the rpm band. which in the case, if you are under the impression of being on the stock pulley, it would look like a boost spike.

if you are on the stock clucth, it was doomed to die from the beggining.

some datalogged info on the dyno would be nice at this point.

Add your comment to this topic!