Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Venom 400

leadfootGTP
07-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Hey , ive never been in this forum, but hopefully you guys can help me out. My brother has a 1999 accord V4 VTEC, it is very mildly modded, CAI, Catback exhaust, and clutch is all he has done, i think. He is thinking about getting a venom400 module. Does anyone have NUMBERS, concerning hp/torque gains with this mod? A dyno would be best.

sivic02
07-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Its a waste of money, there is no such thing as a universal "chip" to increase performance. All it does is make the car run rich. Tell him not to waste his money and just get a header instead.

Oh and its an I4 ;)

Igovert500
07-30-2005, 03:30 PM
All it does is fool the ECU into thinking you are pressing the gas pedal down further. So if you only have it down 25%, the computer thinks you have it depressed 50%. It's a POS. Save your money and spend it on real mods. If you do a search you will find another 100 threads that say the same thing.

leadfootGTP
07-30-2005, 04:27 PM
yeah i found a bunch of threads on it, but it was hard to find any facts through all of the arguing and bs claims, i kind of figured the thing was bs. Thnaks for the help

infiniteracing2003
08-01-2005, 01:18 AM
i dont know if you guys have installed it incorrectly or something, but i have a 96 ex V6 auto, and i have the Venom 400. being automatic it makes my tranny downshift farther than it normally would, the downshifts are quicker and more useful. basically instead of my tranny normally downshifting to third at some point, if im not already haulin ass and venom kicks in the tranny will actually downshift to second instead of third. if that makes any sense. and it does help with power. how much? i dont know i never had my car dyno'd. BUUTTT....going up a hill towards Victorville (california) my car kinda putts, but if venom is on it actually pulls me up the hill better. and no im not just trying to make myself happier because of the price of the damn thing (about 400 bucks), because i only spent 100 bucks on it. so top end i can feel the difference, otherwise no i cant feel the power difference. hope this helps, if not all well mine works and i think its cool to have.

Igovert500
08-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Yes, it downshifts to 2nd, because it thinks you are slamming the throttle down. I can do the same thing in any Auto, if you slam the throttle down violently enough, it will downshift and wind out 2nd, where typically it should have gone into the begining of 3rd. This isn't extra hp, or smoother shifting, it is the ECU determining which gear to go into based on load and throttle position (which it is getting skewed #s thanks to your venom)

Again, going up hill, why does your car putt..probably because you aren't flooring it typically, or you are lower in 3rd gear. Slam your auto into 2nd manually and floor it, and you will have the same results as having your venom on.

Not trying to bash you, I can understand how it is misleading...but I gaurentee you, that you didn't pick up a single hp. If you are happy with your purchase, then great, but I just want the record to be straight for anyone potentially considering purchasing one.

sLeak
08-01-2005, 03:26 PM
good looks on this thread i was looking for some info on this product and it looks like its a waste of money

Add your comment to this topic!