Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bypassing Headlights only using Fog lights?

hotvipergirl
07-30-2005, 10:55 AM
I have seen this on several other Vipers around and am wondering how I bypass the headlights and only use my fog lights. Anyone?
Thanks

Viper 10
07-31-2005, 03:57 AM
All Viper driving lights with parking lights can be used without headlights. You cannot run driving lights without parking lights unless the electrical has been modified.

Brad

hotvipergirl
07-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Well yes of course the "parking lights" can be used without the "driving lights" that was not the question. The fog lights are on a relay with the driving lights and the parking lights. The only way to use them is with the others when no modifications have been made. I was asking if anyone knew how to bypass or modify them so that ONLY the FOG lights came on. The question was very clear. This was my first time to actually post something and I had been looking forward to the ideas that some people would have had, but since you just figured I was some girl who did not have a clue about my car. I am very disappointed. By the way since my original question I have already figured out how to do it. And for anyone out there with the same thought it can be done easily if you have the wiring diagrams from the service manual and know a little something about the car and electrical systems.

Louriee

Viper 10
08-02-2005, 01:59 AM
Well yes of course the "parking lights" can be used without the "driving lights" that was not the question. The fog lights are on a relay with the driving lights and the parking lights. The only way to use them is with the others when no modifications have been made. I was asking if anyone knew how to bypass or modify them so that ONLY the FOG lights came on. The question was very clear. This was my first time to actually post something and I had been looking forward to the ideas that some people would have had, but since you just figured I was some girl who did not have a clue about my car. I am very disappointed. By the way since my original question I have already figured out how to do it. And for anyone out there with the same thought it can be done easily if you have the wiring diagrams from the service manual and know a little something about the car and electrical systems.

Louriee

EXCUSE THE F*CK OUT OF ME! I am sorry for being illiterate and a man... where in the hell did you get your baggage from? I guess I should apologize for not being a blue collar Viper tech and the fact that I have owned a Viper and driven it daily for more than 8 years. Should I apologize for driving the Viper more than 36 days on the local road racing venues? Should I also apologize for making the money to afford me the choices that I have made like buying a Viper or living in a beach community on Southern Cal?

What is up with your condescending BS attitude? If you are so smart why don't you find a freaking service manual and figure it out? Better yet, go to a Dodge dealership and kiss the a$$ of their Viper tech. Maybe HE will let you look into his magical service manual...

It is crap attitudes like yours (and overreacting in posts like this) that gives car enthusiasts a bad name and keeps people like me from visiting this forum regularly. If you were nice about this, I could have sent you copies of the electrical drawings from my service manual... don't hold your breath.

I am sorry for misreading your post and for attempting to be somewhat informative. If you have any more idiotic comments, why don't you email them to me.

Brad

hotvipergirl
08-02-2005, 02:17 AM
I suppose I should apoligize for only having had my car for 5 years and driving it when the mood strikes. I have my own service manual and as I previously stated I can now drive with only the fog lights. And I am no blue collar Viper tech either.

Add your comment to this topic!