Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1984 Fiero....or....1988 Mustang LX

Gunz_07
07-29-2005, 11:42 PM
both are in great shape...both run good....i wanna know the pros and cons of both of them...and then your decision.....

Gunz

Muscletang
07-30-2005, 01:52 AM
Is the LX a 5.0 or an I4? Lets just say it's a 5.0.

'88 LX

Pros:
more power
faster
quicker
better aftermarket
better re-sale
easier to maintain

Cons:
bad gas milage
can't handle as well
plain looking

'84 Fiero

Pros:
better handling
2 seat sports car
better looking
decent gas milage

Cons:
smaller less powerful engine
no longer made
aftermarket isn't the best on them

VAD0R
07-31-2005, 02:17 AM
Even though you can swap almost any GM engine as well as tranny ever made into a Fiero, most popular seems to be the 3.6 or even 3.8l V6 as well as the occasional Northstar:naughty: . And even though it doesn't have a large aftermarket it has one none the as well as some people going that extra mile to fabricate, the main production aftermarket for the Fiero seems to currently lie in exterior modifications. But if you want to see that and what other people did with their Fieros, you should go here. (http://www.fiero.nl/)

Also even though the Fiero is slower then a Mustang, it can still give a stock 240sx a run for its money, not to mention the exterior doesn't rust since you can't forget it was one of the first massed produced cars made out of plastic. Some of the stock engine parts are as well but lets not get into that.:icon16:

The best model years seem to be the 1987-88 since in those years they ironed out most of the problems and come with Lotus tuned suspension, even though I heard the earlier years are slightly lighter I'm not really sure. I think the best looking of the model range is the Fiero GT, even though the Fiero Formula is probably the fastest but not by much since performance wise it is the same as the GT but without the hatchback look. And if you want to get more information on the Fiero go to that (http://www.fiero.nl/) website I showed you, they have a dedicated base of Fiero fans who with some who basically know the vehicle inside, out, as well as what can be put in and how.
i

mustangmann9
08-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Mustang (if 5.0) cause i love the V8 power and sound and lots of potential in them

G-man422
08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
The fiero would be pretty awesome with a bigger engine in it. If you're planning on replacing the engine in the fiero, get it. if not , go with the Stang.

Add your comment to this topic!