Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

o2 sensor on 98 sebring convt

oldnavy638
07-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I just scanned my dad's sebring cause the check engine light was on. The code that came up is the O2 sensor Bank #1 Sensor #2. I wanted to know if anyone knew what O2 sensor this was? Thanks

Darth Zavious
07-30-2005, 12:39 PM
What's up OLDNAVY? The last time my ENGINE LIGHT came on as you're describing, I simply unplugged the battery for a few minutes, plugged it back on and the light has stayed off for over a year.

Other than that go to the dealer ask for the part (O2 sensor) and replace it yourself. Assuming you have the correct tools of course.

Peace!

murrayjw
11-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I just replaced the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor in my 1997 JX Convertible (v6). It was apiece of cake and took less than 10 minutes. I discovered that the 97 (probably most years) only have two O2 sensors; one before and one after the cat converter. My guess yours is the one after. The sensor is easy to get to, but the wiring disapears into the underbody and I did not see the connector. Only two wires, easy to splice. Good Luck!

LexKingIS300
03-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah I had the same problem on my '97 Sebring JXi Conv. All I did was get a reader and checked it to see what it told me. I went out and got the O2 sensor and the next thing I know, I'm about to go replace it and the engine lights not on anymore, this was maybe a month ago and its running fine and the light has stayed off.

Add your comment to this topic!