Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

suggested glue?

debersole
07-28-2005, 12:24 PM
What glue would be the best for putting the rear view mirror on to the clear windshield and to glue that assembly to the body. Would it be best to use super glue or can you just use regular model glue?

mike@af
07-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Krystal clear. CA will leave a white haze.

Scale-Master
07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
I picked up some Formula 560 from my local hobby shop.
Water clean up, very tacky, dries faster than I expected, works well.
If you make a mistake, take the part off, wash clean and try again.

There is an add about it and where to get it in the New Products section of the current Model Cars Magazine... - Mark

If not the current issue, then the one before...

ZoomZoomMX-5
07-28-2005, 02:08 PM
I picked up some Formula 560 from my local hobby shop.
Water clean up, very tacky, dries faster than I expected, works well.
If you make a mistake, take the part off, wash clean and try again.

There is an add about it and where to get it in the New Products section of the current Model Cars Magazine... - Mark

If not the current issue, then the one before...

I love Formula 560 Canopy Glue. It's pretty durable once dried, great for tricky parts that need a good bond w/o damaging paint or plastic. Perfect for clear parts and small detail parts being glued onto finished paint...door handles, lenses, license plates. Water cleanup and dries clear.

pettercardoso
07-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Epoxy glue is also very good. Dries completely clear and makes a strong bond. I'd go for 5min epoxy.

debersole
07-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. Guess i will hit up the LHS after work then.

mickbench
07-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I've used small drops of Tamiya Fog Free CA on clear window parts with Kystral Clear to fill the gaps.. Makes a stronger join, and it's never fogged the clear parts... Although I use a VERY small amount just to tack the part into place...

Jaymes
07-28-2005, 03:02 PM
for the people who use canopy glue...have you heard of Super RC Z 56 ? I couldn't find Formula 560 and settled with this one. It's like white school glue, and smells the same, but the substance is less watery and more cream-like.

cinqster
07-28-2005, 04:16 PM
for the people who use canopy glue...have you heard of Super RC Z 56 ? I couldn't find Formula 560 and settled with this one. It's like white school glue, and smells the same, but the substance is less watery and more cream-like.

Sounds like the ordinary PVA wood glue which is what I use. It dries clear and can be cleaned up with water on a paintbrush...good for small PE parts.

Add your comment to this topic!