Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help on selecting first car

phoenixhazard
07-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi, I am a student and will be buying a car soon. I am thinking about the Accent, Honda Civic or PT Cruiser or Scion xB. What I really need is a car that is reliable, has good mileage, is safe and not expensive. I would also need space since i will be moving alot in the next few years. Could you please recommend me a car if not from that list and tell me why you like it or dislike the cars I am thinking about, it would be a great help, thanks.

I also think that I am leaning toward the PT or xB due to their space, has anyone had experience with driving both of them and can compare?

Xix OWN3D xiX
08-05-2005, 11:57 PM
I have not owned either car...persay, but my parents have owned both.
We currently own a 05' xB and love it! I drive it just about every day. It has terrible power, but it has a sweet radio, great space, awesome mileage, and reliable is its middle name. It is easy and fun to drive! Before buying the xB and our Prowler, haha, we owned a pt cruiser. It was kinda cool and we were some of the first ppl to own one. We had a first gen. 2001 pt and it was shit :evillol: ! We ended up trading it in because of the engine in general. The newer and improved cars may be a bit better, but i would be cautious. That is why i say screw new cars and build old ones.( i got a sweet 69' bird :grinyes: ) Considering prices, looks, durability, and options, xB is definitely a better buy.

Add your comment to this topic!