'02 wet passenger floorboard

tgirl527
07-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing the passenger side floorboard to be soaking wet?

There is not a sweet odor or anything like that, rather a musty smell when you get into the car from the floor being wet after sitting in the heat. The AC does not seem to blow out very cold either, so I think this is the problem, I am not sure where or what to begin to check and I would like a better understanding of it before I take it to the dealership to get charged $$$$$$ -lol

It seems to come from under the dash area on the passenger side and it runs along the plastic trim by/under/along the passenger door/floor and it is sopping/soaking wet, but no odor of any kind other than wet carpet.
If you open the car door and look at thr ground under neath the car it is a pretty big, fast puddle of water that is running onto the ground as well.

Has anyone had the same problem or have any ideas?
Thanks
Tamara

Mr. Northface
07-31-2005, 12:36 PM
I had a leak happen to mine.

Turned out to be the moon roof deflector's clip. It wasn't seated down properly & therefore during moderate to heavy rain storms....my passenger seat & floor got really wet.

Do you have a moonroof? Check it out & see if one of the rubber gaskets is bad or not.

tgirl527
08-01-2005, 12:30 PM
No moonroof in mine.
It is getting wet without it raining, it seems to be whenever I have the Air conditioner turned on to blow out of the mian vents and the floor vents.

cinemaniac
08-16-2005, 12:44 AM
I am having the same problem with mine. Did you ever get a fix or find out what was wrong?

dh4645
08-16-2005, 12:16 PM
it's raining pretty decent today and i left my storage area windows open. i cant get to my car until the end of the day. hopefully not too much is getting f'ed up.

Schurkey
08-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Any chance the condensation drain for the A/C is plugged?

baskerj
08-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Any chance the condensation drain for the A/C is plugged?

Probably has something to do with those pesky day-time running lights... ;) Just kidding....love ya...mean it.

Actually, Schurkey might be onto something there. I had a 2002 Saturn VUE that the passenger side got wet after the A/C ran for a while and it turned out to be something plugged in the system and it was draining inside the cab...DOH!

dorismae1954
08-01-2009, 02:30 PM
I have a trailblazer 2004 and the passenger side floor is wet on side where the plastic side runner is, but it is not wet from the top of the carpet down,just where yoou put your right foot. can anyone tell me how this can happen? it has a moon roof that opens but it was closed and we have had a lot of heavy rain this past week and where to lok for the deflectors clip?

dorismae1954
08-01-2009, 02:31 PM
I have a trailblazer 2004 and the passenger side floor is wet on side where the plastic side runner is, but it is not wet from the top of the carpet down,just where you put your right foot. can anyone tell me how this can happen? it has a moon roof that opens but it was closed and we have had a lot of heavy rain this past week and where to look for the deflectors clip?

Add your comment to this topic!