Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trac Lockers Suggestions?

Saray
07-26-2005, 12:36 PM
I was looking at the differntial lockers at the moneypit (I mean Quadratec), they have Detroit Truetrac and Detroit EZ_Lockers available (about $100 cheaper).

I have '05 Wrangler Unlimited 6sp Manual (not Rubicon version) with Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rear (3.73 ratio). I was thinking about adding a limited slip differential up front. Dana 44 (rear) already has Trac-Loc axle, but not sure how much I'd gain by adding Truetrac up front? Or should I be replacing rear Trac-Loc as well?

How about the budget version of EZ-Locker?

I drive mainly in loose, semi-dry sandy areas (summer) or Sierra cement (snow) in the wintertime (those are the only options here in Northern Nevada). So far only had traction problems in ashy volcanic sand.

I am a geologist, so being able to get up to weird places is required.

CanaMark
07-26-2005, 08:39 PM
ARB air locker is the best way to go. Because you can also air down and air up at trail head if you buy the canister along with arb air locker. You could also do a lincoln locker up front, cheapest way to go. But I would go arb/detroit or just arb/arb for rear/front

wilwith1l
08-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Limited slip is hardley noticable on road and off. ARB or OX lockers are you best true lockers, but a detroit wouldn't be bad. Only problem is on rocks LSD's are useless. You'll need real lockers for that.

CanaMark
08-05-2005, 03:44 PM
ARB air

Add your comment to this topic!