Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fog light installation on LS Trailblazer

agustincorrea
07-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Just bought Fog lights OEM for my 2004 Trailblazer and need to know how they attache to the metal frame after the front cover. The brought a little frame with three plastic screws. Does someone know how I can manufacture some big bracket to hold them to the Bumper?

Thanks

Agustin Correa
Orlando FL

agustincorrea@hotmail.com

lt2000
07-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Can you tell us the part #'s for the oem fog lights
Thanks
gary

agustincorrea
07-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Just bought Fog lights OEM for my 2004 Trailblazer and need to know how they attache to the metal frame after the front cover. The brought a little frame with three plastic screws. Does someone know how I can manufacture some big bracket to hold them to the Bumper?

Thanks

Agustin Correa
Orlando FL

agustincorrea@hotmail.com

These are 10290 Left & 10291 Right.

BlulytesTB
07-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Sorry fella, would like to help you out.
Unfortunately I don't know. I would have to see the mounting. If I get a chance tonight, i'll crawl up under there and take a look for ya!

UPSPilot
07-27-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm sorry to tell you that if your TB did not come with Fog lights then the factory lights will be a pain to install. You would have to fabricate the parts yourself to install. There are 2 different front bumpers for the TB one has the cut outs with the mountings for the fog lights. Also there is no plugs on the light harness to plug fog lights into. You will have to get a switch or purchase the factory Light/Fog switch then wire them into the low beam circuit.

agustincorrea
07-28-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry to tell you that if your TB did not come with Fog lights then the factory lights will be a pain to install. You would have to fabricate the parts yourself to install. There are 2 different front bumpers for the TB one has the cut outs with the mountings for the fog lights. Also there is no plugs on the light harness to plug fog lights into. You will have to get a switch or purchase the factory Light/Fog switch then wire them into the low beam circuit.

Removed front cover and manufactured a L clamp with a metal bar and attched it to the impact bar. I saw in the Internet that there we're 2 types of Bumper Covers. I only need to re-adjust the right one. It toke me 3 hours to do the whole process. I will buy the harness at the GM Dealer and connect them to the low beam if the OEM Fog light switch does not connect to the main Light Switch. Do I need to install a Relay?

Thanks for your support. I think the hardest thing to do is to attach the to the impact bar. the rest I been used to it with my Ex Volvo 850 T5, and Hondas

Thanks,

Augie

BlulytesTB
07-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Hook them up to your parking lights instead of your low beams... gives you much more versatility.
What I would do is run a wire from Parking lights to switch in cabin to relay. This way you have to have at least your parking lights on, but then can control them if you want them on and off. But that is just my opinion.

agustincorrea
07-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Hook them up to your parking lights instead of your low beams... gives you much more versatility.
What I would do is run a wire from Parking lights to switch in cabin to relay. This way you have to have at least your parking lights on, but then can control them if you want them on and off. But that is just my opinion.

Will do. I still need to buy the harness or make one of my own. We're I can locate the Parking light Relay?

Thanks,

Augie

Add your comment to this topic!