Page updated on 09-22-2017

Automatic Vs. Manual

Phaze1ne
07-26-2005, 04:15 AM
I'm thinking about getting a 350z in the near future and I was wondering about the transmission.

How much does A/T differ from M/T on a 350z? (speed? feel? acceleration? etc?)

Does an auto 350z differ from a M/T Z other than transmission? Like can I put on mods without worrying about transmission differences? (coming from the DSM world, a/t and m/t had subtle differences)

I'll still probably get a manual, but I would still like to know.

G-man422
07-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Go manual. it mgets better gas milage, and acceloration is better if you know when to shift.
also its just more fun!

<SSR>David
07-26-2005, 10:26 PM
thats true, but some people prefer automatic. You can put mods on a automatic transmission car without any worries. Some people would say a automatic is even better then manual, but I prefer the control I get with manual so. +)

V T E C H
08-04-2005, 07:31 PM
thats true, but some people prefer automatic. You can put mods on a automatic transmission car without any worries. Some people would say a automatic is even better then manual, but I prefer the control I get with manual so. +)

yeah, i prefer driving to be an active experience vs. zoneing out and just cruising. I need a mannual or i get bored.

octaviojr
09-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Manual is better i also hear that is lighter plus is cheaper i will never buy a car with automatic transmision.
get a manual, plus lots of people on this country dont know how to drive a M/T

nastyNater
09-14-2005, 06:25 PM
manual owns if you are driving a sports car. If you have a 1000+ hp dragster then go Auto.

Add your comment to this topic!