Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rodeoo clutch?

irupp33
07-25-2005, 08:53 PM
OK i have a 93 rodeo 2wd 5 spd with 86,000 miles on it. When im going down the road once in a while i get a very light screech sound (it only lasts for about 1/2 a second) and my car slows very very slightly for that 1/2 second. (not like a jerk or n e thing) My question is what can this be? The clutch feels good and grabs good off the line, shifts smooth, no other noises or problems. Could this be caused by n e thing else? like something that runs offa belt?

Daddycat
07-28-2005, 04:34 PM
OK i have a 93 rodeo 2wd 5 spd with 86,000 miles on it. When im going down the road once in a while i get a very light screech sound (it only lasts for about 1/2 a second) and my car slows very very slightly for that 1/2 second. (not like a jerk or n e thing) My question is what can this be? The clutch feels good and grabs good off the line, shifts smooth, no other noises or problems. Could this be caused by n e thing else? like something that runs offa belt?

hey irupp, i hope you found the source of that screech before it gets worse. i suspect that sound is a slipping belt, slipping over something that has become hard to turn. could be something driven by your serpentine belt is failing. water pump, alternator, a.c.. i don't think a failing throw-out bearing (clutch related) would cause your Rodeo to slow down, though they can make noise as they do (fail).
just noticed your post on possible failing alternator http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=424449
i've read here, somewhere on the forum that Rodeos do not like aftermarket alternators.
good luck, Joe

irupp33
07-28-2005, 08:42 PM
I have narrowed it down to the a/c, cuz it does it now when i turn it on and off.

Add your comment to this topic!