Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AC Problem

rteal
07-25-2005, 08:15 PM
I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy. A/C has been RECHARGED and added new freon. It still blows out warm air. What causes this? Could there be a bad switch or something causing it to go to the vents? Compressor kicks off & on allot. If so were could these sitches be loacted at on the Jimmy? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

NotInGeorgia
07-26-2005, 07:24 AM
see thread "2000 Jimmy A/C Problem"

Defective low pressure switch caused our problem. A $10 item!

I also learned that if the radiator contains the incorrect mixture of antifreeze or contains just plain water, the engine will run hot BUT the temp guage will not show that it is running hot (see owners manual). When engine is hot, the computer will not allow the A/C to come on.

BlazerLT
07-28-2005, 11:09 PM
I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy. A/C has been RECHARGED and added new freon. It still blows out warm air. What causes this? Could there be a bad switch or something causing it to go to the vents? Compressor kicks off & on allot. If so were could these sitches be loacted at on the Jimmy? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You are still low on refrigerant.

Check the system pressure with the AC on MAX and the fan on full blast.

Also note, you don't just add refrigerant without knowing the system pressure. And remember you have to add oil too.

ZL1power69
08-02-2005, 08:32 PM
i recharged my system 2 times. each time after about a week the freeon leaked out. i used a freeon snifer to find a leak in the evaporator. if all the switches check out then do the sniffer test to see if you got a leak.

Add your comment to this topic!