Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Initial D arcade game

Husky Boy
04-28-2002, 01:22 PM
has anyone played this game?

Lil Cs turbo Zc
06-30-2002, 05:07 PM
I would like to play it. . Never seen it.

THE4TH
09-16-2002, 10:57 PM
i keep hearing about it.. and i wanna see it, hear it, read it .. something..

turbos86
09-17-2002, 04:46 AM
There are a few around where I live
but I will not pay $2 per ROUND and $2 per memory card for a stupid arcade game
and yes, many ppl say it's fun and challenging after spending almost $100 trying to beat it, LOL:rolleyes:

Me, I'll just drive my real hachiroku:finger:

GTA
02-01-2003, 03:50 AM
i've played it, and it pretty fun. They have it all over california now. While my friend was in Hong Kong they came out with ver.2 which has more cars and 2 more tracks. Search on www.google.com for initial d arcade stage and you'll find a lot about it.

bends
02-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Yeah it's pretty fun! Does the cartoon justice.

-Chuck

jdm916tuner
06-19-2003, 07:02 PM
ya what ive played tha game a couple of times its pretty tight and all but its cost scrill and id rather put it into my car than a game even tho i plyed tha game bout 20 times

TheNotoriousMogg
06-22-2003, 03:09 AM
I havent seen it, they dont have it anywhere in Anchorage :frown:

drews
07-10-2003, 03:26 PM
played it, its like tokyo extreme racing

friday86
07-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Yeah... we have it up here in MN now. We came to the arcade to play and saw 2 people racing in the game. I asked someone how long they've been playing for and he said they came in with a bucket full of tokens and haven't stopped since noon! And it was 2 pm already! Damn... is this game that good?

Forhod
07-25-2003, 09:48 AM
The game is pretty good as it has the real size steering wheel comparing to other arcade driving games. You won't get satisfaction unless you play with bags of tokens!! :iceslolan

Little Burner
07-26-2003, 04:49 AM
Sweet game:bigthumb:

XspudX
08-04-2003, 01:56 AM
We just got Stage 2 at one of our malls here. Havent gone to play it yet, but hope to before school starts.

klohiq
08-05-2003, 12:11 AM
yeah ive heard a lot about it also...never even seen one... I live in southern maine so if anyone knows of an arcade within like 100 miles or something I'll drive there and check it out. The game sounds really cool.

Shiftlock
09-07-2003, 01:30 PM
It is good,I just hat how they tryed to americanize the names ie Keisuke=K.T Takumi=Tak,Itsuke=Iggy Seiji=Hawk.It is a fun game though,plus it has the shifter on the left side :smile: Game is worth playing,it is the only game I play at the arcades.

fstlane86
09-08-2003, 04:46 PM
They have it here at this place called Boomers, they have this special on Tuesdays and Thursdays, where you pay $10 and you can play all the games, all night, for free. Everytime I go I play Initial D like all night, game is supreme!!! I like the fact that the shifter is on the left side, even though it takes a little bit of getting used to it adds to the fun of it.

flame_flare
09-09-2003, 05:06 AM
hey pplz. wat cars do u guys use?
i use the wrx. it may seem crap when crap ppl use it but once u get used to the 4wd drifts it's really gd.
so wat car?

scourge2u
09-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Will the US versions of the arcade game accept JDM cards? I am NOT going to start over with my Cappuccino! I'm up to level 9 on my car and over half way done. I thought I was doing great till I raced a kid in a Level 16 Integra that had an erie ghost glow. He took off and left my ass behind like I was sitting still!

My Cap is FAF and corners like its on rails with the wing on the back. But, I'm not going to start over as a stock Cap is SAF!

flame_flare
09-22-2003, 01:25 AM
hey man. i don't think they accept those cards... u should start ova again and this time try to not lose ne matches. make it a 100% wins card

Forhod
09-22-2003, 06:35 AM
Nope, US version does not accept Jap Version.. You got to play a new card for the US version.

flame_flare
09-22-2003, 07:10 AM
hey man so which car u going to start playing wit? i suggest the trueno although it tends to oversteer a bit. but that goes to ur advantage

ysc87@hotmail.com
09-22-2003, 07:59 PM
rx-7 type R Woot!!
4 stars
haven't lost for the last 30 races

I also have a spirt R card i think i'll build up over thewinter
and my next card will be the hidden Bunta's WRX type R

flame_flare
09-23-2003, 05:34 PM
is they rx7 really that gd? i used it onced and i beat the nomral map's last boss wit the rx7... but then it isn't that gd on up hill. i beat a fully tuned rx7 on uphill on usui
and he was the record holder on down hill for usui

so wat's so gd bout the rx7?

ysc87@hotmail.com
09-23-2003, 11:40 PM
A) its fast
b) in real life, the rx-7 was designed for mountain roads especially
c) it looks tight
d) it is really good on uphill after you get accustomed to the control of the car
e) also in real life, there is no way a ae86 can keep up with it, or any other car ffor that matter...maybe not the civic...

flame_flare
09-24-2003, 03:32 AM
i dont' get it.. i beat rx7's.. for sum reason when i c ppl driving rx7 i just walk up and challenge them... and i only lost to one. ONE THING I"m SURE OFF IS: rx7 is crap on uphills.
wat car u got?

A) its fast
b) in real life, the rx-7 was designed for mountain roads especially
c) it looks tight
d) it is really good on uphill after you get accustomed to the control of the car
e) also in real life, there is no way a ae86 can keep up with it, or any other car ffor that matter...maybe not the civic...

ysc87@hotmail.com
09-27-2003, 02:54 PM
i dont' get it.. i beat rx7's.. for sum reason when i c ppl driving rx7 i just walk up and challenge them... and i only lost to one. ONE THING I"m SURE OFF IS: rx7 is crap on uphills.
wat car u got?

the rx-7 type R
I used to drive an evo, but i decided i likd the handling better on the rx
i'm currently the fastest on akagi, as in, no one i have ever played won against me in that
I haven't lost in akina, foor that matter, but i'm still getting sed to that map-key is guttering

flame_flare
09-28-2003, 04:12 AM
tru tru yea in akina if u wanna get the best time i reckon u should verse takumi and just follow how he turns and sh!t especially at the hairpins where he gets the gutters perfectly, so u just follow and copy him.
one thing i'm sure of is guttering in dat map really improves ur time
the rx-7 type R
I used to drive an evo, but i decided i likd the handling better on the rx
i'm currently the fastest on akagi, as in, no one i have ever played won against me in that
I haven't lost in akina, foor that matter, but i'm still getting sed to that map-key is guttering

scourge2u
09-28-2003, 04:56 AM
I chose the Cappuccino because I absolutely love this car and its the slowest car in real life. I wanted a challenge after kicking ass in my GTR. It seemed too easy and that wasn't fun. So, I quit my GTR and the Capp is fun as hell. Its excting to win by barely a car length. I have to stay focused and really try. But, I don't want to start over again. Oh hell no! :eek7:

flame_flare
09-28-2003, 08:00 PM
I chose the Cappuccino because I absolutely love this car and its the slowest car in real life. I wanted a challenge after kicking ass in my GTR. It seemed too easy and that wasn't fun. So, I quit my GTR and the Capp is fun as hell. Its excting to win by barely a car length. I have to stay focused and really try. But, I don't want to start over again. Oh hell no! :eek7:

well it's gd having a challenge if u really want a challenge u should try the toyota levin. that's really crap car

flame_flare
09-29-2003, 05:23 AM
i have 2 q i need to know about.
does ur version 2 card work on version 1 of intial d?
and in card renewal rite... for example if u have Ae86 and have pack A and then the card renewal u can change pack. do u still keep the new engine?

and sry one more... give me sum tips on the really tight hairpins on the expert map of ver 1.

KiNgPiN_213
10-07-2003, 06:51 AM
Hey everyone im a newbie and i read this thread and i play Initial D almost every weekend. I got a RX-7 and it kicks ass, so far i havent lost to anybody but some japanese guy that has a LV 18 Integra, he pissed off cuz he had tha boost on, that son of a B!@$!

R34Man
10-07-2003, 06:19 PM
I just got my card this weekend. I started off with a R34 Skyline and I am level 2. :) Hopefully, I'll be able to play again this weekend. :)

flame_flare
10-08-2003, 02:17 AM
hm... wat stage are u up 2? i mean like wat map and wat person? lol nvm pplz wit integra. they are fucking cheap arse. their car is basically immune to crashing
i've got a trueno and a wrx.
Hey everyone im a newbie and i read this thread and i play Initial D almost every weekend. I got a RX-7 and it kicks ass, so far i havent lost to anybody but some japanese guy that has a LV 18 Integra, he pissed off cuz he had tha boost on, that son of a B!@$!

flame_flare
10-08-2003, 02:18 AM
one thing i gotta ask u. can u drift wit that car?
I just got my card this weekend. I started off with a R34 Skyline and I am level 2. :) Hopefully, I'll be able to play again this weekend. :)

ysc87@hotmail.com
10-08-2003, 07:20 PM
yes, you can in the game.
you can drift with skylines in real life with
"power over"
leet e-braking
left foot braking
get a skyline GT-s (rear drive)

but, however, inthe game, the skyline was made for maps like myogi and usui

flame_flare
10-10-2003, 08:05 AM
yea kool . but why the first 2 maps?
yes, you can in the game.
you can drift with skylines in real life with
"power over"
leet e-braking
left foot braking
get a skyline GT-s (rear drive)

but, however, inthe game, the skyline was made for maps like myogi and usui

ysc87@hotmail.com
10-10-2003, 11:51 PM
yea kool . but why the first 2 maps?
because, honestly, skylines are too heavy and not nimble enough for twists and turns going downhill, game or real life. another factor in real life is tire wear, which is a problem for heavvy awd cars like the skyline
you can mange in other maps if you master inducing oversteer.
:nono:

Forhod
10-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Like in the Anime, the skyline runs best in Myogi. It is programmed to perform in Myogi and Usui.

Heres a short run :

Myogi - Skyline
Usui - Sileighty
Akagi - FD and FC
Akina - Cappachino and AE86 Trueno
Happo - Integra & ( Civic ? )
Irohazaka - Integra

flame_flare
10-11-2003, 08:05 AM
hey i need sum help... can i wrx drift in real life?

Like in the Anime, the skyline runs best in Myogi. It is programmed to perform in Myogi and Usui.

Heres a short run :

Myogi - Skyline
Usui - Sileighty
Akagi - FD and FC
Akina - Cappachino and AE86 Trueno
Happo - Integra & ( Civic ? )
Irohazaka - Integra

Forhod
10-11-2003, 09:34 AM
If it is able to do it in WRC, why not? :iceslolan
But if any accident happen, please don't find me.. :x :banghead:

ysc87@hotmail.com
10-11-2003, 02:01 PM
hey i need sum help... can i wrx drift in real life?

AWD drifting is one of the newer forms of drifting.. evo's and wrx are suddenly flodding the scene, and are actually pretty good

bunta's wrx type R(hidden) is one of the best cars in the game

Ezzo
10-11-2003, 05:32 PM
i started playing this game on thursday night b/c i saw a bunch of people i play DDR with playing it. so i started to play and bought a card and my first car i choose was the lancer evolution iv b/c it was my first car i bought it GT3 so i thought it was a good choice. what do you think of the lanevo iv

ysc87@hotmail.com
10-12-2003, 07:15 PM
i started playing this game on thursday night b/c i saw a bunch of people i play DDR with playing it. so i started to play and bought a card and my first car i choose was the lancer evolution iv b/c it was my first car i bought it GT3 so i thought it was a good choice. what do you think of the lanevo iv

the evo 4 is one of the better cars of the game, 9th best car or so
the evo 3 is the best of the mitsubishis(# 5) it's really good on the expert courses later on

the integra type R is the best fwd car in the game, and it's cheap becasue it is basically crash-proof, like some one else had said, but i'll keep my rx-7

Ezzo
10-12-2003, 07:20 PM
i was gunna get the RX-7 but i thought the lanevo would be a better choice

2slow4metaste
10-12-2003, 10:52 PM
yeah ive played version2 a lot , it gets expensive if you play it as much as me (all new people that want to play, a good car to start in ver.2 is the integra)

Kashu
10-13-2003, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I've been playing with a Skyline -34 for a little time now, and it seems to be pretty good. I was thinking of switching over to the Evo 3 though, any suggestions/comments?

ysc87@hotmail.com
10-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I've been playing with a Skyline -34 for a little time now, and it seems to be pretty good. I was thinking of switching over to the Evo 3 though, any suggestions/comments?

if you want a all around car.. grab the evo 3, but you have to practicew with that car

if your a good driver and need a well rounded and well balenced car FD or FC rx-7

you want a cheapo car, grab a trueno or a integra btw.. the truneo sucks for everthing except the expert courses

vampd
10-22-2003, 04:25 PM
i love that game. Theres a mall nearby that has it. Neone know where to get those cards?

arthur12187
10-24-2003, 09:12 PM
i love that game. Theres a mall nearby that has it. Neone know where to get those cards?

you have to purchase them at the system thing. when they ask u if u have a card hit no, then they will ask u if u want a card ( u need to put in money though ). i love this game! the only reason i thought it suck is b/c of the handling. but actually the steering wheel was busted so thats why i couldnt turn!

Add your comment to this topic!