wiring horn to brakes

dustinl15
07-25-2005, 07:00 PM
What would be the easiest way to wire a guys horn to his brakes. I looked under the dash where the brake connects to the button thing that make the brakes lights go on but it is all sealed up and cant really get into it to easy. Just wondering if there is an easier way to do.

ec437
07-25-2005, 07:02 PM
What would be the easiest way to wire a guys horn to his brakes. I looked under the dash where the brake connects to the button thing that make the brakes lights go on but it is all sealed up and cant really get into it to easy. Just wondering if there is an easier way to do.

get a fuse box diagram and run some wire between the fuses. I would think that would probably do it.

BTW, if you break the car using this method, I am in no way responsible. :p

BrodyP
07-25-2005, 07:16 PM
I'd advise you stay away from messing with ones brakes man.

Toksin
07-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Why the fuck?

-Josh-
07-25-2005, 08:11 PM
So everytime they hit the breaks the horn blows? Not bad

RickwithaTbird
07-25-2005, 08:30 PM
if you have to ask how to do it, you shouldn't be doing it. Don't go fucking with someone elses electrical system if you don't know 12 volt electronics. First of all for safety... you don't want to disable his brakes or start a fire or anything and hurt him, Secondly, if you caused an expensive problem you would be solely responsible.

lamehonda
07-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Been done.

Potentially dangerous.

Oz
07-25-2005, 10:34 PM
All of the above guys are pussies. Just use trial and error. :icon16:

lamehonda
07-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Well, in that case.

Just cut his brake lines. That would be a riot.

Oz
07-25-2005, 10:46 PM
As long as you weld them together again. Like I said, trial and error.

jon@af
07-25-2005, 10:52 PM
EDIT: You need a long ass piece of wire and connect it between the horn wire and the brake wire, connecting them with scotch-locks. The easier thing to do would be to do it from the turn signal to the brake :wink:.

-Josh-
07-25-2005, 11:56 PM
EDIT: You need a long ass piece of wire and connect it between the horn wire and the brake wire, connecting them with scotch-locks. The easier thing to do would be to do it from the turn signal to the brake :wink:.

Tell your dad i said thank you for the explanation. :wink:

RickwithaTbird
07-26-2005, 12:05 AM
just make sure you dont hook it to his airbag wire. and dont cut his brake sensor wire.

OZ... pussy... ha... I'd do it, but I dont trust some kid that just wants to pull a prank but has no idea how to do it. I think he'd be stupid to go cutting wires and shit without knowing wtf he's doing.

Oz
07-26-2005, 12:49 AM
just make sure you dont hook it to his airbag wire. and dont cut his brake sensor wire.

OZ... pussy... ha... I'd do it, but I dont trust some kid that just wants to pull a prank but has no idea how to do it. I think he'd be stupid to go cutting wires and shit without knowing wtf he's doing.
I know! It's a beautiful system - imagine him telling the judge "the people on the internet told me to".

:evillol:

RickwithaTbird
07-26-2005, 12:51 AM
good point. Yea dude, just cut a couple wires and connect them. dont use any tape though, just leave them bare. in the event of a fire that would be HILARIOUS!!! Who knows what will happen.... But whatever it is... it will be T3H funny.

jon@af
07-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Tell your dad i said thank you for the explanation. :wink:
Do it to Jake, it's more fun that way:lol2:.

ec437
07-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Or you could do turn signal to the horn. Now that would be pretty funny.

lamehonda
07-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Or the horn to the stereo-

Just annoying, but not annoying enough to fix it.

Might take alot more skill though.

ec437
07-26-2005, 01:04 AM
nah, just wire the remote wire to the horn relay.

imtheoneandonlyD
07-26-2005, 01:29 AM
lol, you guys crack me up. I like the turn signal idea.

Whumbachumba
07-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Why not just wire the horn to the ignition?

GritMaster
07-26-2005, 03:20 AM
while you're at it replace the horn with one of those cattle calls or something.

Maybe you'll ge electricuted.. that'd be hilarious! :grinyes:

flatlander757
07-26-2005, 02:06 PM
what about make it so when you turn on your headlights, the horn goes... honk.

-Josh-
07-26-2005, 03:49 PM
It has to be something that is hot at all times, such as the brakes. I'm not going to go into how an ignition works, but it's not hot at all times, which is why it wouldn't work. Same thing with headlights, except for DRL's...which would be pointless to wire into those anywa...

sidewayzS13
07-26-2005, 09:59 PM
.i think it should be wired up to the volume control on the stereo

RickwithaTbird
07-26-2005, 10:31 PM
I think the ignition idea is funny. It would be one of those things where you wouldn't have to fix it, and he would be like WTF... and probably live with it for a while.

Shit... while you're at it, just wire it to the turn signal, the brakes, and the ignition!! Fuck, wire it up to his unlock wire... his window roll down wire... roll up wire too haha.... and the volume knob. Then disconnect it from the horn button LMAO.... If he uses his lighter, hook it up to that too. Use relays though... you dont wanna blow shit up. You should spend a whole day wiring it up to random things.

Whumbachumba
07-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Shifter, trunk release, gas cap release, seat adjusters, station changer, door locks, and pressure sensative in the seat so if anybody above say 150lbs sets it off.

PBking82
07-27-2005, 01:56 AM
you all are talking about all this shit. give it a couple of months and in some ramdom(make&model specific) there will be some new person's first post about his car's horn honks when he starts the car or hits the brakes, etc... and what type of problem this could be. lol. Peace-

Whumbachumba
07-27-2005, 02:21 AM
And we will all be laughing our asses of when it does happen.

Jonno
07-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Hook it into 2 things, like + from the brake lights and - through the indicator switch, that way it should only run when the indicator is on and he is braking.

(I take no responsibility as to if this works or not, or if you fry the electrical system / yourself in the process)

thecackster
07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
sounds like it could be funny, someone hitting their brakes and their brakes and the horn blaring, but it could be very dangourous.

Honoturtle
07-27-2005, 03:47 PM
It's been two days.. and he hasn't posted since. I think he's a goner... :icon16:

klone420
07-27-2005, 07:58 PM
wiring brakes to horn was funny. My boy got a horn off a train and we wired it up in his car. now that was funny as shit.

RickwithaTbird
07-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Great fucking idea Jonno. That shit would be so easy too. I'm gonna use MS PAint to draw a diagram to show someone how to do this. Somebody has to do it!!

RickwithaTbird
07-27-2005, 09:59 PM
hook the positive from the turn signal straight to the positive on the horn, and then hook the negative horn wire up like this:
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/240896relay-med.JPG

Edit:
Oh yeah I forgot.... the above is a picture of a relay for those who dont know. Just get it at napa, or auto zone or something.

Jonno
07-28-2005, 05:40 AM
hook the positive from the turn signal straight to the positive on the horn, and then hook the negative horn wire up like this:
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/240896relay-med.JPG

Edit:
Oh yeah I forgot.... the above is a picture of a relay for those who dont know. Just get it at napa, or auto zone or something.

Classic, be a lot better with a airhorn hooked up aswell or something, so not only do they hear their own horn, but the air horn aswell.

My friend has a air horn he was gonna put into his car, and my other friend wants me to install a stereo for him. Sweet.

flatlander757
07-28-2005, 12:01 PM
what if you get a second horn, wire it in the trunk, so when he slams his brakes on he thinks its someone behind him honking? :grinyes:

Jonno
07-28-2005, 12:14 PM
what if you get a second horn, wire it in the trunk, so when he slams his brakes on he thinks its someone behind him honking? :grinyes:
If said person had ABS, wire the horn at the back to the ABS (fuse/relay?) so it would only engage the horn when the ABS is needed (such as heavy braking). Although the last thing we want is doing something dodgy on the brakes, if the brake lights fail, it can be easily repaired, if the ABS fails (in a case which someone would be needing it) the brakes might lock up and cause an accident.

On second thoughts, this is a stupid idea, and as most people have said, I hold no responsibility for your stupidity.

Edit: better yet, keep it simple. Just turn the indicator relay around 180 degrees...

Anyone could guess what that would do.

Zip ties on the driveshaft even, the automobiles way of the card in the wheel spokes.

dmasjz45
07-28-2005, 01:02 PM
now what would be funny is it you just wired the horn speakers to the battery with a switch that you ran through the firewall say under the seat, so when you were riding with the kid you could just flick the switch and hed be like "WTF how did that happen" then you can just shut it off when you want, and keep fucking with him :-D that wont fuck up anything electrical, and he wouldnt get pissed because they are new wires that werent tapped into

Add your comment to this topic!