Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tire Choice

mcaffrey55
07-25-2005, 03:56 PM
I have seen alot of posts about tire sizes and lifts. I have no intention of lifting my '98 sahara at this time, but I will be in the market for some new tires rather soon.

The general feeling is that i can go up to a 31 x 10.5 (which i think i will do) with out rubbing.

The question is, however, what tire is the best. I live in vermont and plan to do some off roading, plus winters can be tough, so snow/ice control is needed. I want something beefy looking, and I am interested in the Kumho Venture M/T. Any other suggestions/recomendations?

JDPascal
07-26-2005, 11:07 AM
"MT" tires may leave something to be desired on ice and snow but I know a guy around here that used them in the winter....

JD

jon_renegade0
11-10-2005, 06:16 PM
i got a new set og goodyear wrangler MT/Rs just before last winter. they were wonderful in mud, sand, dirt, and the light fluffy snow. i could plow through 3 feet of snow withut missing a beat. my problem was that time between snow and dry. lol. the slush and water and ice. it was a living hell. you can go allright, if you never have to turn or stop. good luck. might i siggest an RT/s, or a BFG all terrain?

Add your comment to this topic!