Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Acc alternator or battery issue

DREPDOM
07-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Hi experts,
I just don’t know what’s the problem but, when I try to turn on the veh the battery makes the tac tac tac noise and reset the clock just like if has not juice. Then I turn the key to off and then on again, it make a discharged noise but with more juice, turn the key to off and on a few times more and is like if the battery take more power and finally turn the veh on.

I tuned up the car and that didn’t help at all. I was told is the battery, but if is the battery how come after a few try the veh turn on. After the veh is running and I shutdown it won’t have any problem to turn back on if is without a few hours. Any idea?

Deadhead
07-25-2005, 04:39 PM
it could be that your battery is weak, but how are your battery cables? I had the same thing happen to me, and it was just really coroded cables.

mpumas
07-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Check battery cables first. A volt meter across the terminals will tell you what is happening when you put a load on the battery.

DREPDOM
07-26-2005, 06:42 AM
I have not check the voltage yet, but for sure I checked the wires and clean the battery (poles, etc..). Sometimes I get the D4 flashing thing.

Add your comment to this topic!