Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 blazer problems with brakes

nmoran429
07-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Ever since I bought my blazer, I have only had the "regular brakes" I havent been able to use the ABS. Im not sure if it is a sensor, or computer malfunction, but I want to get them fixed. Both the Brake light and the ABS lights are on. I just hope that I wont cost an arm and a leg, but I also hear that the dealership may be able to fix them through a recall act. Is this possible? Someone please help!!

BlazerLT
07-25-2005, 04:39 PM
You will have to go get the codes scanned to find out what is making it fail.

nmoran429
07-28-2005, 03:43 AM
I have gone to get the codes and almost every single code came up. Im not sure if maybe then computer was damaged, or maybe it short circuited. Ugh!! What a pain!

cutlasskenny
07-29-2005, 10:07 PM
what if the ABS light is on but no codes come up?

BlazerLT
07-29-2005, 10:32 PM
The codes will be there if they have the right scanner that accesses the ABS module.

nmoran429
08-01-2005, 10:18 AM
The codes will be there if they have the right scanner that accesses the ABS module.

I was reading on the AutoZone website under the troubleshooting section and I read that it might be the master cylinder and that it may need to be replaced. Also, the brake fluid is dark and dirty. Is it common to go and get brake fluid replaced? Are there any chain stores that can do it at low cost?

BlazerLT
08-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Most shops should be able to flush the braking system.

rlith
08-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Most shops should be able to flush the braking system.

Most places can flush the general system, but for a proper flush they need to use a Tech 2 or similar to open the ABS valves (for newer systems, and a claw tool for older non electronic controlled ABS) so that the fluid in the ABS module will also be flushed out.

nmoran429
08-02-2005, 06:37 PM
I have just found a leak in the metal tubing brake line right under the truck on the drivers side inbewteen the 2 doors. As soon as the brake is depressed, fluid squirts out like a leak in a garden hose. Hopefully replacing the tubing will fix the brake problem. I also plan on replacing the fluid.

BlazerLT
08-03-2005, 12:31 AM
I have just found a leak in the metal tubing brake line right under the truck on the drivers side inbewteen the 2 doors. As soon as the brake is depressed, fluid squirts out like a leak in a garden hose. Hopefully replacing the tubing will fix the brake problem. I also plan on replacing the fluid.

You will have to bleed that system too.

Add your comment to this topic!