Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Altima Car Stereo Problems

tswah
07-24-2005, 08:42 PM
My car stereo gets terrible reception. Any others experience this? Any suggestions?

briancastellanos
08-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Not sure why your stereo would get bad reception. The first thing I would do is to check the Antenna cable in the trunk of your car to make sure it didn't come loose. Then check the antenea cable that feeds into your car stereo to make sure it has a solid connection. Is it just radio that has bad sound, or CD and Cassette also? If it is all of them, then you should just replace your unit. If not, you can always get an XM radio, they're pretty good and you don't have to deal with the same reception issues as FM.

tswah
08-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks! I'll have the antannae connection checked. The CD's sound fine. The ST (for stereo) even fades in and out. I wonder if it could be a bad system and it gets a lot of interferance. Any more thoughts?

jeepmountain
02-28-2006, 07:50 PM
I just put an aftermarket unit into my 2000 Altima and it was getting TERRIBLE reception. I checked out posts in different Car Stereo forums and it was brought to my attention that there is a factory antenna booster that was not receiving power because I did not hook up the power antenna wire. I hooked up the antenna remote wire, even though I do not have a power antenna, and everything works perfectly. Not sure if you are experiencing the issue with an aftermarket Head Unit or if you still have the factory Head Unit but I figured I would pass on my experience in hopes that it will help you out.

RAREROD74
03-07-2006, 07:03 PM
the ant. is in the rear glass and is amplifed the amp is in the pass side c pillar and is routed thru the head liner it has a 12 ft cable that goes directly into the radio also I noticed that your car is a 04 and should be a warranty issue as long as mileage below 36k , no cost to you even if you have a aftermarket radio

Add your comment to this topic!