Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'92 Shadow stereo wiring

agentmascan
07-24-2005, 05:13 PM
I recently bought a used '92 2-door convertible dodge shadow. The previous owner replaced the factory tape deck with a CD player (cutting off and throwing out the wire harness in the process), and they removed their new CD player before selling me the car (can't blame them). They were nice enough to give me the original factory tape player.

Basically, what I want to do is hook up the factory tape player again, but all I have is a bunch of wires and a tape player. I've only been able to determine which wire is the antenna lead (It's kind of obvious). I've scoured the net, looking for the color scheme, but I can't seem to find a match anywhere. Here is the list of wires, in no particular order:

Black/Green
Black/Yellow
Pink
Red/White
Red/Blue
Orange
Blue/Orange
Blue/White
Green
Green/Red
Brown/Yellow
Brown/Red
Brown/Blue
Purple

If anyone out there has had experience with this color scheme on a dodge, I ask for your help in hooking up this thing. I don't want to invest much into this project. If I can I want get away with hooking the wires pin-by-pin to the tape player rather than buying replacement wire harness.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: All I really need to know is what each color is wired too or what their standard after market colors are. Also, if anyone happens to know the wiring scheme for the factory Chrysler tape player, it would save me a lot of time, but it's not as important. Thanks again.

Bob Bauman
07-24-2005, 10:02 PM
hope this help you
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/bobbauman/one/wiringharness.jpg

agentmascan
07-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks! this is what I need to know about the tape deck wiring, but I still need to know what the strange colored wires in my car connect to.

Anybody know the color scheme of the stereo wiring?

SikEnCide
09-20-2005, 11:23 AM
should be the same

Add your comment to this topic!