Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New owner 2002 Blazer...

P@@RB@Y
07-24-2005, 01:48 PM
My wife and I drove 350 miles from home to go buy a 2000 Blazer LT.Victory Red with Tan leather, 4x4, 67,xxx miles for $11,000. with 5 year warranty.

Well we make the trip and get there at 2:00 AM.Get drunk as hell at our Hotel.Get to the dealership at 10:00 AM and drove the Blazer.Was not impressed with it.CarFax came backl good but 3 owners in 5 years?Thats a 3/5 ratio.Not something I wanted to dive into.

So I told my wife dont get sad (its her vehicle) and told her that I didnt have a good feeling about this one.I told her I dont mind looking like an ass and coming home empty handed rather than buying something thats not going to last us 10 years and then looking like an ass.

The Blazer was pretty clean but the transfer case had oil consumption on it and the door click when closing and the simple fact it had 3 owners in 5 years.

So we headed home and stopped by a couple dealers.This time they were big dealerships trying to stay away from the smaller ones.We drove up and I saw it.

A 2002 Blazer LS 4dr 4x4.White with trim and grill etc.. body matched (CLEAN) with black cloth (well charcoal same thing to me).50,201 miles.

Asking price was $10,900.I played hard ball and got it down to $9890.

Then I asked how much the extended warranty was and it was more than I expected.They were asking $1582. for a 3 year gold package warranty bumper to bumper.I asked the guy why is it that I got offered a 5 year warranty gold package for $1189 at another dealer?He replied well it depends on how old the vehicle is and the milage 4x4 etc...

I said ok, well the warranty that I got offered for $1189. was for a older Blazer 4x4 with more miles than this one yet the warranty is more?He was stumped and didnt want fes up and admit that thats where dealers make some of there money.I told him lower the price and Ill drive out of here for $11,000. even and I want tint, a detailing and 2 keyless entry remotes.

He just looked at me like I was crazy and I looked at him and I said YES Im paying cash.Sure enough he got out of his seat and said yes Sir.

Anyways pretty happy with it.It looks pretty low for a 4x4 but inside it feels like your sitting high up.We used to own a 99' Blazer LS 2Dr 2wd and it looked higher than this one.?Tires are 15/70/235

Any Free mods for this Blazer?

Thanks

BlazerLT
07-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Use the search function, you can find out some mods to do.

Intake
Muffler

Add your comment to this topic!