Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

can't remove cigarette lighter

sixleggedinsect
07-23-2005, 05:48 PM
new used car- i cant get the thing out of the socket. it works fine. i can feel it heat up before it pops out. it rotates, but it feels really jammed in there. not sure how or why.

any easy answers before i take off all the cover panels? i dont care if the lighter itself gets broken, but i dont want to destroy anything else.

anthony

AzTumbleweed
07-24-2005, 05:26 AM
I'd try and force it out before replacing it. Grab with pliers or vise grips. If it messes it up then replace it. You don't have nuthin' to lose.. :2cents:

sixleggedinsect
07-24-2005, 03:57 PM
I'd try and force it out before replacing it. Grab with pliers or vise grips. If it messes it up then replace it. You don't have nuthin' to lose.. :2cents:

ha! i heaved on it with the pliers this morning. popped right out. it looks like someone had glued it in with superglue, maybe trying to quit smoking? ;)

i had tried pretty darn hard to pull it out yesterday. i think heating it up to see if it still worked may have broken down the glue a little.

superglue'd cig lighters. not gonna find that in the haynes manual

anthony

AzTumbleweed
07-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Good deal! :smile: Maybe they should super glue their lips! :p

A friend here in Alabama said his grandmother has cancer on her lip. Says it's from 2nd hand chewing tobacco.. :grinno:

Add your comment to this topic!