Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Some waxes, actually require another wax to remove the film.

DEC1981
07-23-2005, 04:19 PM
I've been detailing my own cars since 1987, and there is something that puzzles me. Certain waxes/polishes go on fine, but cannot be completely removed with any amount of elbow grease. Example. Turtle wax line of products including Finish 2001. Black Magic, New finish and a few others I cannot think of right now. Every time I try to use some of these products, I end up having to redo my car with another product to remove the residue. It does not seem to matter whether the product is applied with a dry or damp cloth (as per instructions.)

Not the biggest problem, since I still have so many other waxes that work fine. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who has had this problem. I usually use Meguiars products but one. The touch up spray for their Synthetic wax won't come off well either. Even when the last wax used was thier Synthectic wax.

New car, usually does not go more than 2 weeks w/o wax or touch-up. Except maybe in winter months.

I've been detailing for many years but I'm sure I don't know everything. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

BullShifter
07-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Try using some pro grade chemicals such as 3M or Hi Temp. Usually when products done come of easy it's due to lack of prep work. Before polishing/glaze/wax/etc. use a clay bar. Mothers & Meguiars are the typical ones in the store, the "clay lube" can also be used to aid removal of stubborn wax.

Instead of wax try paint sealer, lasts & protects much better than conventional wax.

Available here - www.topoftheline.com

Add your comment to this topic!