Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

R.I.P Hypsi87 (Andy Filson)

-Josh-
07-23-2005, 02:06 PM
I just found out in the Buick forum that one of our moderators, Hypsi87 died recently, i was wondering why i couldn't get ahold of him, i would call and get the repsonse that his number was temporarily out of service, and now i read that his room mate sarah said he passed away... Me and him were supposed to go crusing this summer and own the streets with his new stage engined regal ttype... RIP Andy, you were a good guy. :(

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=433101

clawhammer
07-23-2005, 02:13 PM
OMG!!! That's really sad. RIP.

TatII
07-23-2005, 02:21 PM
that sucks, out of all the things to kill him, it was the thing that he loved most that killed him. when you said r.i.p. i thought you meant he sold his car or something but not him actually being gone. well my condolesences to him and his family.

-The Stig-
07-23-2005, 02:23 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying:

:frown: :frown: :frown:

:sadwavey:

Andy was a good guy, He will be missed greatly.

Rest In Peace bro.

-Josh-
07-23-2005, 02:31 PM
It's sad not only that he was young...but of the knowledge he possessed. He was going places, it's a sad day not only for his family, friends, and AF but also for the auto industry in general...he was going to make a name for himself.

-The Stig-
07-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Now that I think about it... he's gonna be driving the folks up in Heaven crazy.

For one, all he's gonna talk about is his GN and how bitchin it is. :lol:

Andy: Yo, JC... what's up man?
Jesus Christ: Christ... it's him again.... Hey... Andy... what's happenin?
Andy: I just did the fattest burnout in the GN. Again. I love heaven... my tires never wear out.
Jesus Christ: Dude... that was my lawn...
Andy: Yeah, Sorry about that bro...
Jesus Christ: :banghead:

-Josh-
07-23-2005, 02:37 PM
So true^ maybe they have a caterpillar he can work at in heaven... Cause you know how much he loved his job...

:lol:

Edit: :crying: I still can't get over this though....

-The Stig-
07-23-2005, 02:43 PM
So true^ maybe they have a caterpillar he can work at in heaven... Cause you know how much he loved his job...

:lol:

Edit: :crying: I still can't get over this though....

I know... :crying:

He was our GN pest... but we loved him reguardless. Even if he did drive a grandpa car. :p

jon@af
07-23-2005, 02:53 PM
me+this=really really sad right now :frown:

ac427cpe
07-23-2005, 05:43 PM
man.... what a shocker... i'm still speechless.

such a cool guy, this is a very unexpected tragedy. I hope at least he's in a better place.

GTStang
07-23-2005, 06:18 PM
I just found out and I'll be honest I'm very sad... For any of us who got to talk to Andy outside of AF I think we could all agree he was truly one of the nicest people you could ever talk to. He was too good of a person and way too young to not be here anymore.

FormulaLT1
07-23-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't know if I will ever be the same after having lost someone like Andy. He was truly a close friend to me and someone I will never forget.

-Josh-
07-23-2005, 06:59 PM
that sucks, out of all the things to kill him, it was the thing that he loved most that killed him.

Yeah, i put one of his quotes in my sig that i'll probably keep there for a while.

FormulaLT1
07-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I found a article on his crash online. http://www.pjstar.com/stories/071905/POL_B71ADVLH.013.shtml

PWRDbyUNCLEbens
07-23-2005, 08:40 PM
RIP

-Josh-
07-23-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm going out tonight to let some of the local guys who dont get on the forums know what happened. He and his cars were pretty well known around here, although i dont really feel like leaving the apartment they all should know.

CivRacer95
07-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Holy...this just kills my night. Andy really was an awesome person to know. Going 100 mph...then thrown out of the car :(.

I'm staying in tonight. You will be missed Andy...:crying:

-Jayson-
07-24-2005, 12:18 AM
man this is just soo sad. He had the best race stories, i didnt know him personally, but i respected him.

Whats even weirder is jsut before i read this i was on my way home from work. Nice cool night, perfect nice to take a cruise and maybe race a few stop lights. Well for some reason on my way home, i couldnt race. 2 times in a row, i got a weird gut feeling that said dont. With 2 different cars. And the two cars were cars that i really wanted to race. But for some reason i had a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach just as i was about to race. I even drove home and thought about how weird it was.

Anways im not trying to say this has any kind of a connected to Hypsi, but its just weird.

RIP Hypsi, my condolences go out to your family and friends.

91300zxtt
07-24-2005, 12:27 AM
so damn sad. fuckin awesome guy

TheStang00
07-24-2005, 12:53 AM
i dont know what to say, i didnt talk to him all that much, but whenever i did he always was very cool. even with me being a rediculously loyal ford jerk. only the good die young.

street_racer_00
07-24-2005, 01:00 AM
This may not be the right time or place to say it, and I've said it once and I'll say it again, the way he went is the way I'd want to go; aka doing something I truely enjoy (driving car fast, drinking beer, having sex, etc)

silentscreams85
07-24-2005, 01:02 AM
RIP dude...

Underground_Killah
07-24-2005, 01:16 AM
i must admit.... i was hit hard by this...

i didn't know him personally but i read his posts and had alot of respect for him. R.I.P man.

And concerning the Jesus Joke.....

we all know jesus is in the passenger seat with him burning the golden roads in heaven.

i'm gonna just sit back and recollect on this.... Thanks Vip for letting me know this happened. Thanks for the great posts man, you will be very much missed.

-The Stig-
07-24-2005, 02:27 AM
An Example of just how cool Andy was...

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=355450

He was completely drunk... and was rambling to me one night on AIM... What came afterwards was pure hilarity...

:frown: I miss my buddy.

Right_LiRrr
07-24-2005, 02:34 AM
It's a sad day when anyone dies, especially someone so young.

My condolences to all effected.

banditkiller
07-24-2005, 02:37 AM
R.I.P mr hypsi87. I cant belive this is happening. Im so shocked im at a loss for words. As you look down upon us andy, we will always be remembering you.

JekylandHyde
07-24-2005, 06:21 AM
:( .... *sigh*

I'm truly sorry for hypsi. This is absolutely awful.
Speeding is no joke. I hope from his passing, that we all might slow down a bit.

It's really not worth it.

rest in peace Andy

Bill Strong
07-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Condolences to the family and friends of Hypsi87 from the MR2OC.com.

-Josh-
07-24-2005, 11:30 AM
An Example of just how cool Andy was...

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=355450

He was completely drunk... and was rambling to me one night on AIM... What came afterwards was pure hilarity...

:frown: I miss my buddy.

hypsi87 (10:24:17 PM): I AM BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE BOY WONDER!!!!!!!!!!!11 WE CURIS THE TOWN LOOKING FOR NO GOOD DOOERS AND HOT BITCHES TO FUCK ANG GEIVE THE MONEY SHOT!!!!!!!!!1

I remembered this part... Gorgeous..lol

Last sunday i lost a fellow a Buick enthusiast and a good friend...both of which are extremely hard to come by.

drftk1d
07-24-2005, 02:09 PM
he was one of those guys who you always thought would be here (on the forum), never would i expet for this to happen. smart guy too.

<---- give his condolences

youngvr4
07-24-2005, 07:58 PM
one of the only guys who could take out jeckyleandhyde :p

man he was so coo.... a legend here at AF!!!

chevytrucks92
07-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Man that is a bad lick. He seemed like a really cool guy. He'll be missed on these forums.

Mr. Luos
07-24-2005, 09:49 PM
I honestly shed a tear.

I talked to Andy online more than a couple times.
He helped me with problems, and I did what I could to assist him with any he was having.
Sad to say Andy, you are going to have to look out for me from now on. I can't help you anymore bro.

Rest In Peace.

Andy, you are in my prayers and thoughts......
Enjoy whatever you are doing now!!!

FormulaLT1
07-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Z28Josh has been kind enough to offer to deliver letters to Andy's family from us if we send them to him. I for one , find the need to express to his loved one's how much being friends with Andy meant to me and how much knowing him effected the person I am today. If anyone would like to just take a few moments to write up a little something on Andy let it be a funny post that made you laugh or how he answered your question or PM or how in some way he effected your life as well I would greatly appreciate it, cause Andy gave alot to this forum and if you had known him you know he took this forum and his advice very seriously and we should all in this time express to his family just how much we all appreciated this. There will never be another like him.

Josh's Mailing address to send letters for his family is:
Joshua Jacobson
906 1/2 South Vine Street
Apartment 101
Urbana IL, 61802

John

Zgringo
07-25-2005, 04:34 AM
Andy, hang around the pearly gates for awhile and look for me. I'll be there soon and we'll go on a fuckin ride that will blow everyone's mind.
You've left alot of good friends behind and will be missed.
Take care and I'll see you soon.

Zgringo

Igovert500
07-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Matt thanks for linking that drunken thread. It had me laughing out loud all over again, an excellent memory of Andy.

igor@af
07-25-2005, 05:35 PM
This is just horrible. I can't even comprehend this.....

-The Stig-
07-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Matt thanks for linking that drunken thread. It had me laughing out loud all over again, an excellent memory of Andy.

Isn't it? hahah... man that was Andy in his prime... at his worst and his best... great stuff.

Man he was a crack up.... especially when you add alcohol. :lol2:

Ace$nyper
07-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Such a shame to hear about this. Such a nice guy just really hard to word this but I'll miss him and his family is in my prayers.

-Josh-
07-25-2005, 06:58 PM
This is just horrible. I can't even comprehend this.....

He dedicated a lot of time to your forum, as i'm sure you knew. But i'm sure his family would appreciate a letter of some sort, if you have the time. Thank you in advance.

-Jayson-
07-25-2005, 11:05 PM
would anyone like to take up donations and start a small fund to give to andys family to help pay for funeral cost and such? Maybe have andys parents set up a paypal account? Andy was a young guy, i doubt he had a life insurance policy, and funerals are damn expensive. This is the largets automotive forum on the web, i think we can raise a good amount of money for his family to help pay off the bills. John you seem like you know his family pretty well, can you try and work something out?

This would be a nice gift to give to andy and his family. Also a great way of showing his family how important he was.

FormulaLT1
07-25-2005, 11:11 PM
I don't know his family other than what Andy told me about them which was alot but Josh knows his uncle somewhat I think and I like this idea, so it has my support if Igor agree's I think we should make a go of it after we ofcourse get in touch with Andy's family and have the money possibly sent directly to them or maybe even just raise money and donate to a charity in Andy's name but I like the thought.

RaidenKing
07-26-2005, 12:55 AM
damn this hits hard and I didn't even know him all too well, just read his posts and figured he was one of those top ranking guys around here who knew his shit.

Funny because I think I learned more about one of his posts alone than I could have learned from any other person's.

KustmAce
07-26-2005, 10:35 PM
would anyone like to take up donations and start a small fund to give to andys family to help pay for funeral cost and such? Maybe have andys parents set up a paypal account? Andy was a young guy, i doubt he had a life insurance policy, and funerals are damn expensive. This is the largets automotive forum on the web, i think we can raise a good amount of money for his family to help pay off the bills. John you seem like you know his family pretty well, can you try and work something out?

This would be a nice gift to give to andy and his family. Also a great way of showing his family how important he was.

Thats a great idea.

There are several forums doing the same type of thing for a guy that is recovering from a serious accident.

Paypal donations and several charity auctions.

-Jayson-
07-26-2005, 10:55 PM
well could someone get in touch with his family and have them set up a paypal account? Someone trust worthy as well, id hate for someone to scam everyone here

Ace$nyper
07-26-2005, 11:15 PM
hate to add more stress but Josh probbly would and i'd trust him.

if hes cool with idea i know hes already on the letters to family.

I'd help with what little I can this is sad and very hard for all esp his fam.

igor@af
07-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Let's do this.

-Josh-
07-27-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm game

tha_new_guy
07-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Man, I can't believe I'm just finding this....I thought it was some sort of cruel joke in Z28Josh's sig....man this sucks. We all have to go sometime....

RIP Hypsi87.

carrrnuttt
07-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Just as I posted in the SR forum sticky, I'm just now getting back from a 1600-mile trip (to Nevada, then Lake Tahoe - lots of mountain driving), and was on the road when this news came out.

As glad as I am that my family made it back in one piece, I am doubly glad, as I see the consequences of the road being played out in our very own forums.

I hope he stays as cool as ever, wherever he is, and if I see a cloud that looks like a burnout, I'd imagine it was him letting us know that he is.

King Of Crunk
07-28-2005, 05:54 PM
i'm game also....

xXxRocker5150
07-29-2005, 09:51 AM
I'll see if I can get some funds from somewhere, but if I can I'm game, if I can't, lemme know somthing that I can do to help out.

-Josh-
07-29-2005, 03:28 PM
There's a few songs i was listening to last night that i wanted to dedicate to him by Credence Clearwater Revival.

Someday Never Comes
The Midnight Special
Long as i can see the light

Listen to those and you'll know what i'm talking about.

FormulaLT1
07-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Andy's father has posted http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=437622 and everyone should share how much this lose has impacted us and how much we will miss him.

John

nissanfanatic
07-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Just a couple quotes for Hypsi87:

"He whom the gods favour dies in youth,"
-Plautus

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe

My thoughts are with Andy and his family.

Rest in Peace...

-Josh-
07-29-2005, 11:56 PM
i was wondering if he would..

HogieGT-R
07-31-2005, 03:10 AM
I just found out almost one hour ago......
I'm still tearing up. Even though I have only talked to him
online, I feel like I have known him for a long time. That's the kind of guy he was. He was a great man, and I don't even want to believe that he is gone. Life is so precious, and even though we all know that he was supposed to accomlplsh so much more in life, I believe that up till the day that he died, his life wasn't in vain. He had touched so many people's hearts, that the world just won't be the same without his kind nature, his vast sense of humor, and his knowledge of cars. It was almost like as if he weren't just a 22 year old, but as if one were talking to a sage, gathering knowledge that he was always full of. I looked up to that man, and to this day I still do.

Josh, I will definately send you a letter to give to his parents.

Add your comment to this topic!