Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Boring New Tamiya Release

BVC500
07-22-2005, 10:17 AM
1/24 Clear view Porsche Carrera GT. Whoopie.

g00eY
07-22-2005, 10:21 AM
lol.

freakmech
07-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Agreed! but i am looking forward to the Jaguar MKII,Morgan 4/4, Citroen 2cv etc. re-releases. these kits have been going for high dollar on e-bay and it will be nice to pick them up at a reasonable price. Im also not to impressed with the new 2005 WRX Monte Carlo, it stinks of inaccuracies but i bought it anyway :disappoin

mickbench
07-22-2005, 11:30 AM
I have the Jag MK11 and just got the Morgan 4/4 for £8.00 of ebay.. Did pay a little too much for the Jag MK11. Paid £16 + postage for this, as I had no idea at the time they were on re-release. Darn it..!!

Tamiya are the best at producing model kits, but there offerings just of late are getting poor.. The Tamiya Z - Tune is great and all, but there are too many skylines out there.. We need some real classics, like older astons, jags etc.. Even some of the older GT race cars, or even F1 cars etc.. I've seen some older F1 cars on ebay for silly money..

It's a shame.. Still, glad I've got the morgan and jag to build, will look nice in my collection.. Just need some astons..!! Good ones, from Tamiya..!!

Vric
07-22-2005, 11:33 AM
WoW ! Tamiya have made a new part !!! A few more parts, and we will have a real new Kit !

Keep it up Tamiya !

I'm sure we will see a "Yellow version" of the Carrara GT for christmas! Be ready to spend more money guys !

cfcrules
07-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Where did u see that about the carrera gt I've not seen anything about it on the tamiya website, hlj.com or the 1999.co.jp websites.

BVC500
07-22-2005, 12:02 PM
in the link to the upcoming hobby festival on the japanese language tamiya site.

Jaimenew
07-22-2005, 12:09 PM
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/gallery/index.htm

very cool.

ImolaEK
07-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Whoopie!:thumbsdow

Jaymes
07-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Tamiya should make a newer style 911 already. Or the SLR...

MPWR
07-22-2005, 01:33 PM
If Tamiya would just put out a McLaren F1, I would be perfectly happy if they never produced another new release again. I could spend the rest of my life building nothing but their older kits. I haven't really looked forward to a new release since the FW24, and there's nothing else that would excite me to see. If they keep reaching into their pile and bringing forth decent rereleases (like they sure are this year!), I'm happy.

Except for that damn McLaren.....

racingminiatures
07-22-2005, 03:27 PM
I believe the fullview Carrera GT is one of their Japanese model show specials and will not be released generally. They did the same thing with the Enzo. It also looks like they are doing a blank box/no decals hobby show release of the 1/20 and 1/12 McLaren M23. Now those two would sell well to the general public but given McLaren's licensing fee structure I doubt we will ever see another McLaren from Tamiya; although I hope they prove me wrong :-)

Regards,

Ron
Racing Miniatures
www.racingminiatures.com

Amazon
07-22-2005, 05:01 PM
As above, so below: I´ve never understood what´s so cool about Clearwiew. Why? Let me tell you:

Ejectorpin marks must be sanded away,and since it´s clear, you will need a polishing kit to make´em dissapear.

No matter how thin the clear is, you will always have optical errors,and with that comes the lack of visibility of all those lovely small parts.

Painting the body ( the fun part of the building) is unnecesary :(

g00eY
07-23-2005, 06:05 PM
agreed. but i still think they look cool. kinda.

Junhao
07-23-2005, 10:23 PM
I think Tamiya is only milking the most money out of their molds. Actually it's quite a clever business strategy.

Vric
07-24-2005, 07:55 AM
I think Tamiya is only milking the most money out of their molds. Actually it's quite a clever business strategy.

My last "new" release from Tamiya was the Xanavi 1 year ago. Before that ? the Enzo 2 years ago. So they have max 30$ by year from me. I don't think it's a wise way to get my money.

I got the 1/12 Caterham JPE and the 1/12 Porsche 935, but those are old kit and they will not see any of my money anytime soon (I have all the old kit I want and nothing new is interesting from Tamiya)

mickbench
07-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Milking there molds to make more money sounds about right to me.. Their new releases this year haven't got me all - WOW..!!! Must buy these kits..

I'm now looking on ebay, for older Tamiya Kits, as the older ones have engines, more detail etc.. I'm just starting a Nissan 300ZX kit from Tamiya. It has a box date of 1992. It's old..!! Yet the detail is good, has full engine details etc... All the parts for the chassis are molded as parts, and not on the chassis already.. Superb..

I've also got the newer 350z track.. The chassis is a JOKE..!! Just how I'm meant to detail that up I don't know.. It will take loads of masking.. The kit doesn't even have steerable wheels.. Just WTF... I doubt I will make this kit anytime soon... Just can't see the point..

Tamiya need to release better kits.. At the moment I'm happy to build their older back catalog, but this will run dry, and I will want to build newer cars....

Add your comment to this topic!