Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Outdoor Temperature Sensor

NPMSTRT
07-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi,

The outdoor temperature sensor on my intrigue is erratic. It will say 54 degrees one moment and 98 degrees the next.

I assume the sensor is failing, where is the sensor for this located so I can replace it?

Thanks!

studlee
07-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi,

The outdoor temperature sensor on my intrigue is erratic. It will say 54 degrees one moment and 98 degrees the next.

I assume the sensor is failing, where is the sensor for this located so I can replace it?

Thanks!

My did the same thing. You need the ambient air temp sensor
P/N 10248414, about $8 from the dealer. It's located in front of the radiator on the bumper side, just go under the car's front bumper and it'll be attached 1/3 the way up.

Jimmy Olsen
08-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi,

Thanks!

Follow the electrical wire. It's on the passenger side behind the air block just in front of the radiator. My thinking is that the sensor acts weird when it gets dirty over time from the build-up of road grime. Trying cleaning it first to get the road grime off.

Add your comment to this topic!