Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

So, about that C6...

99civichic
07-22-2005, 08:01 AM
There's a summary at the end for those who don't like novels.

Stopped by a Chevy Dealership (on our way home from Unique Motorsports, more about that in a second) and they of course had a variety of C6's on the lot. So, I'm snapping away for reference pictures, getting some decent shots of an Orange one, when I notice a white one on the showroom floor. So as I'm walking towards the showroom, I glance in the shop, and there's my yellow one! On a lift, no less!

I talked my way past some of the shop guys (I'm here on official business from Automotive Forums .com! Not really but I did mention I was working on a model of a C6...) and one of them walks us to the back of the shop, where I take as many pictures as my camera's dying batter will allow of the undercarraige of the Vette. I got some good ones and some not so good ones, I had to ration my flash.

Then we get inside the dealership, where we wait for someone to open up the white one so I can get engine and interior shots. We wait for 30-40 minutes (keep in mind we're still dressed up from work, so it's not like we're just a couple of kids in a candy store looking for a free sample...or at least, we didn't look like it) Finally someone opens up the car, gives us a 30 second shpiel (sp?) on how the car is made of undentable plastic and it has a navigation system, who cares? I take a ton of engine shots and we walk out. As we're climbing into Will's Camaro, one of the finance guys literally runs out the door offering to make a deal on the white one; Will smiles politely, tells him 1) we don't want an auto and 2) we were not terribly impressed with the service so we're going somewhere else. Poor guy, it's a shame to crush a salesman's commission like that. But hey, he shoulda thought of that 45 minutes ago!!

**Long story short, I took 72 high-resolution reference pictures of every part of a C6. Too bad I can't host 'em!

Oh yeah, about Unique, they're the ones who make the "Eleanor" replicas and are currently working with Chip Foose on a 2005 Mustang, 1969 Camaro, and some other projects. The shop had about 8 Eleanors just sitting there looking pretty. It was heaven with no A/C.

stryfe101
07-22-2005, 08:28 AM
I can host your pics for you...how many megs are they?

I'll bet those Eleanors where nice to look at...where is this place at?

99civichic
07-22-2005, 09:01 AM
These pics are monsters, I had my camera set pretty high. I'm gonna try to work something out with a friend of mine who has some webspace, but it may be a while at that. If anyone's really desperate I can send them a CD for a small fee.

UM is in Farmer's Branch, north of Dallas.

white97ex
07-22-2005, 09:21 AM
hey kat. when we have the DFW GTG i'll try and bring my lap top.

Amazon
07-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Baaad salesperson! As i also work in the same field ( customer related sales, or whatever itīs called in th US) i know that a person who just wants a peek or a leaflet/broshure (?) is as important as the other. ??. Because that person has shown interrest in the product ( and thereby a potential sale is rising..) and if heīs ignored/treated like sh*t, he takes notice (of course) and goes to the place with the friendly salespeople !

Add your comment to this topic!