Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cooling fan

tk6500
07-22-2005, 01:23 AM
hi i'm new to the forum. i have a 92 firebird 5.0l thats in darn good shape except for my cooling fan problem. i've replaced the relay and the fan itself. It (fan) comes on when the a\c is on . I've ran the temp up to about 235 degrees and the fan still doesn't come on. can someone please help with what to do next?

tri-power
07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
On my 89 I came across a similar problem. I was never abe to figure out exactly why the fan wouldn't come on. So what I ended up doing was going to a oull it yourself junkyard and cut the fan connector out of a junk yard, and wire it to a toggle switch in the dash. I would recommend using a donor plug instead of the one in your car just in case you decide to sell it and someone else can figure it out, then they have the original plug still in the harness.

AlDGator
11-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Did you ever figure out the problem? I have a 92 that I am working on that is doing the exact same thing.

97cavalier
11-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Did you ever figure out the problem? I have a 92 that I am working on that is doing the exact same thing.
Does the heater control valve have any thing to do with this? Because my friend had something simmilar to this but it was on a civic and that is what it was.

Add your comment to this topic!