Ahh so happy

RaidenKing
07-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Well I finally got my car in to a local place here in town called SAC which is a place that conveniently specializes in swapped nissans.
I don't know if anyone remembers, but when I first picked up the car from XAT in tampa I noticed it had some serious hesitation throughout the powerband and would stall when in neutral after driving for 5 minutes or so unless I feathered the pedal lightly as I stopped.

All that is fixed now, it turns out that among other things, XAT failed to remember to get a BOV slapped on and also threw me out with a stock and somewhat faulty looking radiator so I had some issues (not to knock XAT, this is a big shop in tampa that pretty much does daily swaps).

Needless to say, the guys at SAC added the RFL bov which is actually a lot quieter than what I thought was the BOV beforehand (I found out the sound I mistook for a blow off valve was actually air being thrown back to the intake from the turbo trying to backspin due to the lack of a bov) put a Koyo radiator on and did a full inspection on the car (this includes minor things like plugs/oil).

I no longer cringe when I have to take the car out in some traffic because the idle is extremely smooth now and the car itself feels like it has much much more power than before. I can even feel it buck up after 2500rpms in 1st right before I start to lose traction. :iceslolan

Damn I'm happy I found a shop fulla Nissan freaks like me close by, its like I'm driving a completely different car.

eps
07-22-2005, 01:49 AM
What kind of "shop" forgets to put a BOV on? :loser:

RaidenKing
07-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Well XAT in tampa is a busy ass place but I'm pretty sure they charged me for that Greddy type-s so I'll have to run up there sometime and inquire about their "free stuff given to people who's swaps they didn't finish completely but still charged full price for" deal they'll most likely have going on when I get there.

I'm ecstatic about how well the car runs now though, even the guys at the local shop said it ran pretty damn strong after they got done with it and I'm just running pretty stock boost levels.
Raiden is back up and ready to lay down some punishment

Right_LiRrr
07-22-2005, 05:00 AM
I like you car cos it's got the SR20DET swap. :jump3:

Add your comment to this topic!