Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

removing stock radio

MNludeDVR
04-27-2002, 10:35 AM
i was wondering if it is hard to remove the stock radio out of a 95 altima GXE? i know how to install cd players, but i'm not too sure on how to remove the stock tape, please any help would be great!

Paul Gaczynski
12-27-2004, 10:43 PM
it is quit simple. First you pry out you shifer bazle under which you will find 4 philips screws. take these screws out then locate 2 simular screws in your center console right above the radio , take them out. Remove the big plasic panel below your stearing wheel which is atached by 2 screws in the bottom corners, at this point you should be able to pop out your center console. Remember to disconect your cigaret liter.it simply pulls of Once you are there you remove the bracket that nolds your radio and that little shelf,which is held in place by 4 philips srews at the four corners, on the sides of the bracket you will find the screws that are holding your radio in place and that is it. I hope this is helpfull.

tiemac
01-04-2005, 09:51 AM
contact auto parts or car audio store they should have a wiring harness and consol adapter to install standard radio or cd.

Add your comment to this topic!