Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I've decided to do it...

CivRacer95
07-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Well, at this point, there are a few reasons that I have decided to sell my car. A few personal reasons, and I'm always willing to help a family member in need.

My cousin, if you remember a while back, wanted/wants my car. I've teased saying every now and then that I would sell her my car, but then I'd say I'm keeping it. Although, some things have come up for me, some things that have caught my interest. Financially, it would be great for me. There wouldn't be such a high insurance rate to pay, high gas prices, yada yada yada.

I'm moving closer to work, so there won't be a need to really commute in my car for such a short distance. I'm looking into buy a bike, nothing fancy, just for the short ride there. Maybe even some rollerblades, or skate board. Haven't decided yet, but it would help me excercise too, and keep in shape.

I won't be buying my dad's car at all. He's keeping that because he is getting rid of his Jeep (daily driver). So he will need his car to get around. Which is fine, I'm not really interested in his car that much. So, like I said, I'm selling it to help out my cousin. My car is quick, it has very low miles, looks descent for what it is, get's good enough gas mileage, and she overall loves it more than anything. It fits her style. So, there you have it. I'm selling her.

Just in case some of you may be wondering what I may be saving for, I'll tell you. A good buddy of mine is selling his wife's car. I've seen it in action, and know what it's all about. I haven't talked to him yet, but I really would love to own his car. So today, I'm going to see if I can work something out with him. I'm really hoping he will allow me to buy this car. He's selling it for about $8-9K. Just depending. But, let's just say it would put me into the 12 second range no prob. Other than that, I'm getting rid of my baby. But, if everything goes through, I'll have what I wanted. A 12 second daily driver.

-Josh-
07-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Moving on is always good. What kind of car is it?

CivRacer95
07-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Acura Integra, forget the year, but it's the 94-01 body. Very good looking car, well maintained, and I know what he's done to it, how well it's been taken care of, and all that stuff.

mason_RsX
07-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Wow so Civracers gonna now be ____racer... I bet its gonna be sad to see her go. but at lease its going to a relative so you can take it for a spin here and there and make sure everythings cool with it... Who knows what punk kid is doing to my RSX right now...

and you mightaswell tell us what car it is or were gonna have another engine guessing post where everything gets confusing

CivRacer95
07-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Mason, it's an Integra. Although, I am making one last trip with the Civ. I'm going back east on August 5th, so I'll be running across the US to upstate New York. So if anyone wants to run against me along the way for fun, let me know :). Maybe PM me, and I can give you my number. Something like that anyway. I'll also be in the Cornwall, Ontario area too Mason. Maybe we can meet up some time.

-The Stig-
07-21-2005, 11:12 AM
so now it's gonna be.. SchwinnRacer?

:lol:

It's all good man... I know the feeling of wanting something different... it was hard to sell my little Panda. But it was for the better.

CivRacer95
07-21-2005, 11:15 AM
so now it's gonna be.. SchwinnRacer?

:spit:

I was thinking Huffy, but SchwinnRacer does sound more fitting...

HuffyRacer...heh...

BP2K2Max
07-21-2005, 11:36 AM
damn, what's done to the teg to get it into the 12's?

CivRacer95
07-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Fully built motor. I just talked to him, and he said I get first dibs on the car. His wife is going to hold it until August, which gives me plenty of time to come up with the money I need. I'll see him next Wednesday when he runs his hatch at the drag strip. So by then, I'll try and get everything I possibly can on it.

It's putting down about 450 to the wheels. Rebuilt with only 3K miles on it, fully built as stated, new clutch, pretty much everything is new in it. There's honestly too much to list from what he told me over the phone. And it runs low 12's easily.

-Josh-
07-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Awesome, good luck with the purchase man, sounds like a steal.

illegal_eagle187
07-21-2005, 12:50 PM
good luck selling ur car, and hope everything goes well the the teg ur gonna get

CassiesMan
07-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Bah, buying 12s, weak...

So says the person whose looking at an FD3S for a next car because unlike Supras, people aren't price gougin' RX-7s. I mean c'mon, last Supra I was looking at used at 60k miles on it, bone stock, and the guy wanted 30k for it...

I'm just playing with ya man, I hope you get the car, and if you do, good luck with it. My freind is going to hate you though...he gets a chubby everytime he sees a 'Teg....He'll never get one though becuase he is convinced he can find a Yellow Type R with under 10k miles for less than $9k.

CBFryman
07-21-2005, 01:55 PM
funny shit i heard today on the radio "the number one car stolen in america is the acura integra, 1 in 300 are stolen in their life time. they are thought to be liked because of their fast engines"

and integras are sapposed to be "fast"?

if im going to steal a car for its engine it ISNT going to be an integra...but w/e

but anyway...at least now youll have something that wasnt made to be a 100% econo box. its only like 90% econobox. and they look better too. but its still a honda :p

street_racer_00
07-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Good luck to ya...nice to see someone moving up in the world, car-wise.

drftk1d
07-21-2005, 06:14 PM
TegRacer97?

CassiesMan
07-21-2005, 06:51 PM
if im going to steal a car for its engine it ISNT going to be an integra...but w/e

Thats why you would fail at being a car thief. This isn't Vice City or San Andreas where you steal a car to get around, in the real world, you steal a car, and then go sell the parts as fast as you can. Considering the amount of older Tegs runnign around that need new parts, or the rather large market for GSR and Type R motors/parts, Im not suprised. [/hijack]

Anyways, good luck Civ, hope you get a good alarm or lojack to go with the 'Teg.

CBFryman
07-21-2005, 07:34 PM
:rollseyes:

if im going to steal a car that is going to be FAR more lucrative to part out then an integra.

such as an M3... :)

or one with a widely versitle engine that actually has power, such as a comaro with an LS1....

im not talking about stealing an austin martin dB9

clawhammer
07-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Has the car actually made a 12 second pass? If it's all motor, I kind of doubt that it can eaily do low 12s, but I beleive you that it's going to be faster than the civic. Good luck on your new car, even though insurance will be much higher than on the civic, plus it's probably going to use more gas also.

problemhatch
07-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Its my wife's car he is buying. Built ls/vtec 83 mm arias wave dome pistons, crower rods, built ported head, gsr cams, crane ignition, gsr tranny, garret 57 trim set up. Full launch control and tuned 454 whp 393 tq 22 psi. it runs low 12's all day @ 19 psi. Installing the crane and it should hit high 11's easily.
Plus it still gets 280 plus miles on a full tank. Tuned by Cortney Green.

problemhatch
07-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Didn't want to run 22 without an ignition, saw some high end miss on the dyno, so we are babying it and playing it safe. Ohh yeah this baby has been neptuned.

problemhatch
07-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Has the car actually made a 12 second pass? If it's all motor, I kind of doubt that it can eaily do low 12s, but I beleive you that it's going to be faster than the civic. Good luck on your new car, even though insurance will be much higher than on the civic, plus it's probably going to use more gas also.

She has ran numerous 12.6's without full throttle shifts. Ran last friday and ran a best run of reaction time- .068
60 ft. 1.87
330 ft. 5.33
1/8 mph 96.3
1/4 12.33@118
Plus Chris saw her plant down a 12.6 himself.

problemhatch
07-21-2005, 08:00 PM
She has ran numerous 12.6's without full throttle shifts. Ran last friday and ran a best run of reaction time- .068
60 ft. 1.87
330 ft. 5.33
1/8 mph 96.3
1/4 12.33@118
Plus Chris saw her plant down a 12.6 himself.

Ohh yeah also for the car theft thing. It has a hidden fuel cut off switch, and a annoying loud alarm. So its in good hands.

-The Stig-
07-21-2005, 08:38 PM
fuel cutoffs are your friend.

I just want a steering wheel that impales a theif if they can't answer a simple question that is asked by the car each time the driver enters.

Car: What is the name of your dog?

Theif: Uhhhhhhhh Ralph.

Car: Correct *impale*

Theif: Agka.ahn... but... I was correct?!?

Car: I lied, eat shit and die fucker.

That'd rock.

CassiesMan
07-21-2005, 08:46 PM
And badgers with spikes attatched to there heads...

Gohan Ryu
07-21-2005, 09:28 PM
:rollseyes:

if im going to steal a car that is going to be FAR more lucrative to part out then an integra.

such as an M3... :)

or one with a widely versitle engine that actually has power, such as a comaro with an LS1....

im not talking about stealing an austin martin dB9

That's why you'd fail as a car thief - there is no market for stolen BMW parts - people who can afford to buy a bimmer don't need to buy blackmarket shit...and people with Camaros steal their own shit so they don't have to buy it from someone else. :icon16:

To stay on topic CivRacer how about some details on the fully built engine?

-Josh-
07-21-2005, 09:35 PM
fuel cutoffs are your friend.

I just want a steering wheel that impales a theif if they can't answer a simple question that is asked by the car each time the driver enters.

Car: What is the name of your dog?

Theif: Uhhhhhhhh Ralph.

Car: Correct *impale*

Theif: Agka.ahn... but... I was correct?!?

Car: I lied, eat shit and die fucker.

That'd rock.

:lol2:

Gohan Ryu
07-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Never mind - I didn't see Problemhatches post until now.

nissanfanatic
07-21-2005, 09:48 PM
For the bike, get a Haro....

RaidenKing
07-21-2005, 10:44 PM
funny shit i heard today on the radio "the number one car stolen in america is the acura integra, 1 in 300 are stolen in their life time. they are thought to be liked because of their fast engines"

and integras are sapposed to be "fast"?

but anyway...at least now youll have something that wasnt made to be a 100% econo box. its only like 90% econobox. and they look better too. but its still a honda :p
haha my friend just brought that up to me earlier because he loves busting my shit about "streetracing" We saw a teggy and the shitbusting began.

That's cool about the built ass integra. Will you be driving it around with slicks on the front?

Right_LiRrr
07-22-2005, 04:37 AM
You know, I read the title of the thread and came in here thinking civ finally decided to lose his virginity....tis sweet waiting for that special someone ;-P

It's hard parting with your baby, dude. I hope it works out for ya g/l. those DC2 integras kick ass.

CivRacer95
07-22-2005, 05:08 AM
The deal Steve is offering me is just amazing! I don't think I could ever find such a deal anywhere. And I do mean anywhere...well possibly Mexico. But he has taken very good care of this car, and I did see his wife put down that 12.6, and that has been consistent every time she has ran it at the track. Not to mention, we are nearly a mile above sea level.

When I can, which should be next week, I'll get some pictures of the car. That's if Steve brings it along with his hatch. Possibly some footage can come along with his hatch running. We'll see. Won't know until next week.

CBFryman
07-22-2005, 09:10 AM
That's why you'd fail as a car thief - there is no market for stolen BMW parts - people who can afford to buy a bimmer don't need to buy blackmarket shit...and people with Camaros steal their own shit so they don't have to buy it from someone else. :icon16:

once agian, someone has no idea.
just because you steal a BMW dowesnt mean you have to part it out o people who own BMW's. you get rid of that shit as fast as possible to someone who gets rid of it as fast as posible and the cycle continues untill it gets to someone who actualyl wants it.
In actuality most things that ever get used are the rims, engine and transmission...all of which can go pretty easy to a parts collector. especially since your average parts colector (junk yard that does collect junk, they collect used car parts and inventory them) will make a pretty penny on an M3 engine and tranny combo after litle ruch kid blows daddy's up two weeks after his 16th birthday...
and BMW rims look good...i could call around to the and pick up a set for my truck if i wanted... M3, M5, E-series...you name it. you think thoes came from a wrecked BMW :nono:
the LS1 i could get rid of in a matter of HOURS for market price where i live.... sowwie to tell you...it'd end up in a lifted truck with open exaust.. ;)

the bodies are easy to get rid of...take of the VIN number, Smash it up with a sledge hammer then take it to the local crusher who will crush it and give you $50-$100 cash or more for the steel.

which is why YOU would fail as a good car theif...if yo usteal cars to make money you steal a car that you are going to make more than $200 from the engine and $50 for the crushed body... IE integra. however you dont steal cars which are rare and a trace can be placed on them. you also dont just say "hey let me find an integra today, i need $250" you find a car worth stealing and have a plan...

now that that is over. That Teg sounds purdy nice as far as engine modifications are concerned... Civ im a little worried if you can handle a 12 sec car after leaving your 15sec car...lol :biggrin: . good catch...just dont blow the rods though the block. :icon16:

tha_new_guy
07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
now that that is over. That Teg sounds purdy nice as far as engine modifications are concerned... Civ im a little worried if you can handle a 12 sec car after leaving your 15sec car...lol :biggrin: . good catch...just dont blow the rods though the block. :icon16:
I must admit, that is quite the upgrade, there are 509450945 turbo civics and integras in the bay area, and alot of them are quick. I wouldn't mind one...

I imagine it has a decent sized FMIC...I say paint it black (depending on color of the car) and go sleeper... :biggrin:

EDIT: Are you selling the Civic to her with the damge unrepaired on the car? With you being young, how will the insurance company feel about insuring a sportier car (tegs are more expensive to insure than Civics)? If it's turbocharged will you pass SMOG or will you need a "hookup"?

drftk1d
07-22-2005, 02:24 PM
I imagine it has a decent sized FMIC...I say paint it black (depending on color of the car) and go sleeper... :biggrin:

shhhh dont give away my ideas! :evillol:

Gohan Ryu
07-23-2005, 12:14 AM
just because you steal a BMW dowesnt mean you have to part it out o people who own BMW's.....blahblahblah.......yadayadayadayada..... ..BS BS BS BS.....

Jeez, I feel really bad about having no idea about blackmarket BMW parts :grinno: ...and thanks for sharing your vast expertise on car thievery! But ultimately, no matter how many hands a stolen car passes thru, it's the car owner's who would make up the black market clientele, and there's more Honda owners than bimmer owners willing to buy stolen parts. Therefore, it's more lucrative to steal Hondas, but if your stealing a car just for a joyride it makes more sense to steal a BMW.

I'm sure you're making a lot of money stealing bimmers, but let's quit pretending either one of us knows wtf we're talking about, because neither one of us makes a living stealing cars, and both of us want to get this thread back on topic...

Respectfully leaving thread since I have nothing else to add except:

CivRacer - congrats ahead of time on acquiring a fully built teg...I hope you stay as humble and inoffensive as always now that you'll kick most of our asses on the road.

ZackKVtec
07-23-2005, 12:47 AM
tegs are fun, congrats, but be careful

CivRacer95
07-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Oh of course I'll be careful. Cause at any given moment I choose, I can decide to wipe the floor with you ass :evillol:. Just kidding. In a way, I need this car. Something that I know is fast and that will easily beat anything (almost anything). Unlike the Civ, I won't be second guessing or asking myself "Can I take that car?". Ya know?

In doing so, I won't be racing all that often just to see where I'm at. I'll know where I'm at, so if someone decides to race, and you aren't even within 1 second of my time, then I'll just move along or dismiss the race. But there could always be the occassionaly sleeper that will entice me, or some heavy hitting V8's.

speedthrill
07-23-2005, 07:06 AM
sounds like a nice cool new car for ya. Congrats, treat her well and you'll be good for a couple of years.

Don't forget to post the pics :biggrin:

i3o2Matt
07-23-2005, 12:58 PM
just because you steal a BMW dowesnt mean you have to part it out o people who own BMW's. you get rid of that shit as fast as possible to someone who gets rid of it as fast as posible and the cycle continues untill it gets to someone who actualyl wants it.
In actuality most things that ever get used are the rims, engine and transmission...all of which can go pretty easy to a parts collector. especially since your average parts colector (junk yard that does collect junk, they collect used car parts and inventory them) will make a pretty penny on an M3 engine and tranny combo after litle ruch kid blows daddy's up two weeks after his 16th birthday...
and BMW rims look good...i could call around to the and pick up a set for my truck if i wanted... M3, M5, E-series...you name it. you think thoes came from a wrecked BMW :nono:
the LS1 i could get rid of in a matter of HOURS for market price where i live.... sowwie to tell you...it'd end up in a lifted truck with open exaust.. ;)

the bodies are easy to get rid of...take of the VIN number, Smash it up with a sledge hammer then take it to the local crusher who will crush it and give you $50-$100 cash or more for the steel.

which is why YOU would fail as a good car theif...if yo usteal cars to make money you steal a car that you are going to make more than $200 from the engine and $50 for the crushed body... IE integra. however you dont steal cars which are rare and a trace can be placed on them. you also dont just say "hey let me find an integra today, i need $250" you find a car worth stealing and have a plan...

sounds like you speak from experience...

problemhatch
07-31-2005, 05:10 PM
I ran the integra last Wednesday. I readjusted the clutch which made a big difference IMO.
reaction -- .056
60ft.-- 1.73
330-- 5.137
1/8 speed 88 mph.
1/4-- 12.31@111

I had a small boost leak right at the coupling on the driver side ic inlet. So the psi might of been 16-17 instead of 19-20. As you can tell the traps were 5 mph reduce. Reason i knew there was a leak, because at stock setting i was only hitting 4-5 psi on the guage instead of 8 psi. Fixed and its back to 8.

problemhatch
07-31-2005, 05:12 PM
I ran the integra last Wednesday. I readjusted the clutch which made a big difference IMO.
reaction -- .056
60ft.-- 1.73
330-- 5.137
1/8 speed 88 mph.
1/4-- 12.31@111

I had a small boost leak right at the coupling on the driver side ic inlet. So the psi might of been 16-17 instead of 19-20. As you can tell the traps were 5 mph reduce. Reason i knew there was a leak, because at stock setting i was only hitting 4-5 psi on the guage instead of 8 psi. Fixed and its back to 8.

Chris! If you can come up with the money quicker we can sell it to you whenever you want.

CivRacer95
07-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Chris! If you can come up with the money quicker we can sell it to you whenever you want.

I'll try to make some money while I'm back in Canada. But for sure I'm buying this car.

chevytrucks92
08-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Congrats on the soon to be nnew to you car, lol. Sounds nice enough.

I'm gonna warn ya though about "fully" built (or heavily built for that matter) engines: they are HIGH MAINTENANCE. Just keep that in mind.

clawhammer
08-01-2005, 10:40 PM
:lol: CivRacer, are you sure you want to buy a car from some guy whose screen name is "problemhatch" :lol: (j/k)

chevytrucks92, what do you mean by those engine being high maintanance. Other than oil and regular stuff, what is extra that you have to do?

-Josh-
08-02-2005, 10:18 AM
chevytrucks92, what do you mean by those engine being high maintanance. Other than oil and regular stuff, what is extra that you have to do?

Because the more power you add, the more shit likes to break.

-Jayson-
08-02-2005, 11:42 AM
congrats on the new car, but doesnt buying a fully modded car kind of take away from the fun of it? I mean id like to own a 12 second car, but id love that 12 second car if i could tell people i built it. ANd every time i race that car, i know im the reason i beating the shit outa some guy. But thats just my personal taste.

Also get a lowjack for that cause damn integras like to be stolen.
These were the 10 most stolen cars in 2004 reported by the CCC.

1. 1999 Acura Integra
2. 2002 BMW M Roadster
3. 1998 Acura Integra
4.1991 GMC V2500
5. 2002 Audi S4
6. 1996 Acura Integra
7. 1995 Acura Integra
8. 2004 Mercury Marauder
9. 1997 Acura Integra
10. 1992 Mercedes-Benz 600

good luck and have fun rhipping up the streets in that 12 second beast. Just keep it safe.

CivRacer95
08-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Problemhatch pretty much solved the problem of it being stolen, and here in Happy Valley, it's next to impossible of seeing that happen. Hardly any cars ever get stolen here. Mormons, ya know?

Although, lowjack is a good idea, I don't think they have any type of service here in Utah, as far as I know. Remember Kris' dilemma a while back? I'll try and find his thread.

Anyway, the thought of buying the 12 sec car rather than building it on my own doesn't bother me one bit. I know who built this car, and how well taken care of it was. It's a strong car, and I trust Steve completely with everything that has been done to it. He knows his shit, especially with Hondas. Sure I'd like to build my own car someday, but at this rate, it probably wouldn't happen until I was like 40 years old or something :lol:.

As far as high maintenance goes, I don't see it as that much of a problem as long as I don't beat the shit out of it. It's going to be my daily driver, and there won't be much of anything that can touch it here in H.V. Maybe 3 or 4 cars are what I see. So, most of the time, I'll take it to the drag strip or have a little fun messing around with some LS1's or Cobras :evillol:. But hey, this is one helluva deal that I don't think anyone in their right mind would pass up.

nissanfanatic
08-02-2005, 08:35 PM
reaction -- .056
60ft.-- 1.73
330-- 5.137
1/8 speed 88 mph.
1/4-- 12.31@111

How are you getting your teg to hook that well?

chevytrucks92
08-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Because the more power you add, the more shit likes to break.

What he said clawhammer. And in order to keep stuff from breaking you have to change parts (and oil) out much more often. And even by doing that, they still will break.

Look at my 406. Its a prime example. It was less then a year old (from its last overhaul) and the short block is settin on an engine stand with the #6 rod broke, the crank journal for that rod is scarred up pretty bad, and the oil pan is close by with a half-dollar size hole in it (also had 2 bent valves but that's already fixed). And it never even gave the slightest hint that it was going down. True, it got thrashed on much more then Civ's soon-to-be car will (or has), but the only time it was even cranked was Saturday nights, lol.

So see what I mean by high maintenance?

CivRacer95
08-02-2005, 10:02 PM
How are you getting your teg to hook that well?

Slicks and a very good driver :thumbsup:

clawhammer
08-03-2005, 08:13 AM
What he said clawhammer. And in order to keep stuff from breaking you have to change parts (and oil) out much more often. And even by doing that, they still will break.

Look at my 406. Its a prime example. It was less then a year old (from its last overhaul) and the short block is settin on an engine stand with the #6 rod broke, the crank journal for that rod is scarred up pretty bad, and the oil pan is close by with a half-dollar size hole in it (also had 2 bent valves but that's already fixed). And it never even gave the slightest hint that it was going down. True, it got thrashed on much more then Civ's soon-to-be car will (or has), but the only time it was even cranked was Saturday nights, lol.

So see what I mean by high maintenance?

Good point. that's the bad thing about modifying cars. Most cars from the factory if extremely well taken care of will go for close to 200k, but won't get you the performance craving that everyone wants.

problemhatch
08-05-2005, 03:37 PM
I Preload at the line, 2 step set @ 7500. upper rev limit kicks in @ 8 mph. 24.5x8x13 slicks @7 psi. And a secret trick with the toe in and camber.

xXxRocker5150
08-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Civ man, be very carefull, my cousin had a 96 teg type-r or w.e. it was, and it got lifted out of his garage. He had a viper alarm on it and everything. Hope all works out for ya tho!

Add your comment to this topic!