Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What's up with Best motoring?

PWRDbyUNCLEbens
07-21-2005, 12:18 AM
I've been watching quite few BMI (best motoring international) videos lately, and it seems like the domestics (of japan skyline, nsx-r, s2000) always pull superfast laptimes especially for the power restrctions which I know can be blurred by quite a bit.

Still however they have the nsx-r, skyline, s2000 running saimiliar tskuba sp? circuit times to ferrari f350's, porsche gt3,s, and even ferari f40's!?!.

The one episode that really caught my attention was they were testing the c5 against their domestics, and the c5 was in last place toward the end just riduculously far behind.

I didn't know japanese cars were actually THAT fast around the track. Don't get me wrong I know my share about stats of cars etc. I guess I never realised how much difference it was on a real track. or........

Are the drivers on BMI just not driving the other cars as hard to make them look better?

Are the cars in japan THAT much better then the american counterparts?

BTW I love the videos, and I think it's apparent that the guys are amazing drivers, but sometimes it seems a little shaky.

TatII
07-21-2005, 12:27 AM
well i wouldn't exactly consider the s2000's lap time to be in the same league as the jdm super sports. the S2000's lap time is around the 1:09 second range. the R34 GT-R v-spec II can do it in 1:05 second range. and the NSX-R can do it in the 1:04 second range. being 4-5 seconds off in such a small track is a life time. since the track is so small it really negates the top end advantage for certain cars. the lap record holder was the Ferrari F360 challenge stradale and that car laped a low 1:03 second which is ludicrious since the NSX-R can hang with a lambo. the new record holder is the NISMO R34 GTR Z-Tune which laps at 1:02 seconds, and that car runs a 10 flat in the 1/4. it would take a 800-1000HP street car or a JGTC500 car to break the 1 minute barrier in Tsukba.

and i wouldn't even put the jdm super sports in the same league as a F40. i have an old issue where they put the F40, F50, 911 turbo, lambo diablo VT against the fastest JDM at the time ( a R34 GTR V-spec I ) and they gave the GTR pole position, and before they even got to the first corner, the GTR was over taken by the F40, and F50 and lambo. it wasn't even close. the GTR was fighting for last place with the ferrari F355

PWRDbyUNCLEbens
07-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Maybe the s2000 isn't making the best solo times but when they race each other it seems the s2k is always hangin with everyone. That could be a result of traffic conditions etc. but still you'd think it'd be killed.

I guess that could account for alot of the other races. I don't know if you've seeen the nsx-r battle the race cars, but the f40, and viper are a couple that I saw that didn't seem like they were done justice.

I say all of this because my broth has a 97' rt/10, and even when he was totally stock, and went racing in Portland oregon he says ke kills even the comptech nsx's on that track. The track is big though (160mph in the straight), so I guess a track like that is ideal for a car that many would say is built for road racing. Racing is tricky though with so many factors.

TatII
07-21-2005, 01:04 AM
on tsukba you can probrably only go aroudn 120mph give or take. its a very short straight. and also i would believe the NSX-R would beat the comptech NSX even though it won the american touge challenge. the NSX-R is lighter, has better brakes, has a 6 speed tranny, a totally revised suspension. the NSX-R is a extremely fast car for its hp. it can definitly take out a CSL, a 996 turbo, and can run pretty close to a 500+ lambo murceliago. the lambo has 2 major disadvantages compared to the NSX-R. the lambo is too heavy, the NSX R weights around 2700 lbs, and the lambo was not tuned for ultimate track performance, so in the infield on Twin Ring Motegi where there was alot of high speed left right transitions, the NSX R would leave the Lambo in the dust and it would take the wider corners and longer straights to catch up to the NSX-R. also the NSX-R laps a sub 8 minute on the nurburgring. it laps a 7:56 seconds. that is around 20 seconds faster then a M3

here are the lap times for the ring

Porsche 911 GT3 ( 6/2003) 7:54
Ferrari Challenge Stradale ( 2/2004) 7:56
Porsche 911 Turbo ( 6/2000) 7:56
NSX-R (7:56 )
R33 GTR ( official 8:01 )
Viper SRT-10 ( 8:13 )
F360 modena ( 8:09 )
05 STi Spec C ( 8:06 )
E46 M3 ( 8:22 )
M5 ( 8:28 )
lotus exige ( 8:42 )

http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/e63/6776290-1.html

heres the source. some of the times i added because BMI just up dated the STi spec C time in the lastest volume with the GTR Z tune, and they also showed the R33 GTR's official time.

Add your comment to this topic!