Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dash switches

directory
07-20-2005, 10:02 PM
i want to replace my change holder in the center console with a switch to operate accessories. i see that the hole is the same size as the dash switches, and the poer/ winter switches next to it. what are the part numbers for the double and single switches.

i jsut figured i'd use an empty accessory spot instead of drilling into my dash.

what do you think?

--B

weathermedic
07-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Do you have an empty slot on the left side of the dash where the 4WD switch and cruise control is. If you don't have the fog lights, there should be a blank spot for a switch on that panel. That would look a little better and also prevent the accidental switch activation by putting it in the change holder. I hit my Power and Winter mode switches by accident many times when putting a drink in the cup holder!

Jason

directory
07-20-2005, 10:22 PM
yeah, my passport is 4x4 and has cruise control. both swtiches are on the left side of dash (left side of steering wheel) then there is an empty one next to those buttons.

just a thought--can you move the power/ winter buttons to the empty switch spot on the dash? what would it take--just adding wire?

that would leave two empty spots on the center console for any accessory--plus you wouldn't hit it with your drink...what do you think?

--B

weathermedic
07-22-2005, 03:36 PM
I guess you could relocate the power and winter mode switches somehow. You would have to run a few feet of wires though.

Jason

Add your comment to this topic!