Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what is this thing near the master cylinder????

nalgman
07-18-2005, 11:48 PM
hello guys..
anyone can tell me what is this little box near the master cylinder..
i dont know if this boxif part of the abs system.. or something..
I pulled out this morning and when i shake it, it hear some sounds from inside. like rocks of sand inside..

my truck : blazer 1990 4.3TBI Z 2WD

thanks..

Nalgmanhttp://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/300856engine23.jpg

BlazerLT
07-19-2005, 12:58 AM
That might be the ABS module.

Also, where is the duct work for your intake?

s10blazerman4x4
07-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Does it have alot of wires plugging into it?If so thats your brake computer if it was the abs it would have brake lines running to it.

wolfox
07-19-2005, 05:11 PM
That's your rear wheel ABS module. Standard equipment on RWAL brake aquipped vehicles. On 2x4's, the speed sensor for the ABS is located in the transmission extension housing. If 4x4, it's incorporated into the Transfer case. What you are pointing to in your photograph is the main logic module, the part to it's immediate left with the big nut facing the fan is the isolation/dump module. Guard that little black box well, it's literally the brains of your ABS. :)

DINO55
07-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Nalgman,
Will you please Wash that engine compartment down a little bit......
:sly: :nono:

s10blazerman4x4
07-19-2005, 09:19 PM
I agree.Its only a couple of bucks at the car wash with the engine cleaner some plastic bags to cover the important stuff, and put that ducting back on or give us some knowledge of where it is.

nalgman
07-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Nalgman,
Will you please Wash that engine compartment down a little bit......
:sly: :nono:

you're right...
this needs a little clean...
i didn't have time to clean all that stuff, because.. i rebuilt the engine , i put a radiator for the transmission.. and for 2 months my truck was with the mechanic because the truck had problems with the fuel injecton TBI..

i'll clean that little thing, i spent alot of money on that blazer..

I WAS ASKING ABOUT THAT LITTLE THING , BECAUSE I HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE BRAKES..
THE BRAKES LIGHT IS ALWAYS ON... SO I REPLACED THE SPEED SENSOR IN THE TRANSMISSION AND THE SPEEDMETER WAS CRAZY. SO THE OTHER DAY I QUIT THE "ABS" MODULE ...AND HEAR THAT SOUND LIKE SAND...
SOMETIMES DURING THE THE PEDAL APPLICATION THE PEDAL PULSATES DURING THE ACTION OF A STOP.. AND LOSS OF PRESSURE .

SOME GUYS SAYS THAT THE WHEEL SENSOR WILL CAUSE THAT.

+++ A FAILURE ON THE ABS MODULE CAN CAUSE THE SPEEDOMETER GOES CRAZY???

THANK YOU..

AND I'LL CLEAN THAT sHIt..JEJE

NALGMAN

BlazerLT
07-24-2005, 11:04 PM
don't pressure wash it, just a soaking with simple green and hose pressure only with everything electriconic covered with grocery bags including the alternator..

nalgman
07-28-2005, 02:04 AM
hello, nothing change in the abs after cleaning. so i deside to change the two proportioning valves to One that dont need ABS. and i solve the problem..
i will quit this regular proportioning valve from another blazer (and old blazer)

thank you. ..... and i'll do the cleaning thing..

Add your comment to this topic!