2001 Jetta Radio Not working at all

mydogpeanut
07-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Hi All,

Ok so I have a 2001 Jetta and all of a sudden my radio is not working. I went away on vacation for a week and came back to a radio not working anyone know what this could possibly be? I do know that the radio was working before I left and that while I was away some one did use my car (with the valet key if that matters) but claims that the radio never worked for him?

How do I get the radio to work again?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

98R/TDailyDriver
07-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Is it the monsoon? -I had to take mine out, pull the fuse (on the back of the radio) for a few minutes -put it all back and it was good! Although I had to borrow a radio removal kit from a buddy...

mydogpeanut
07-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Is it the monsoon? -I had to take mine out, pull the fuse (on the back of the radio) for a few minutes -put it all back and it was good! Although I had to borrow a radio removal kit from a buddy...

Yes it's the Monsoon. That's what I was thinking it was. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. Now where to get a radio removal kit :dunno:

mydogpeanut
08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
ok so it wasn't the fuse. Pulled the radio out and the fuse was fine. Put the radio back in and it still didn't work then a few days later it just started to work again.

Now about a week ago the radio was working fine when I parked it at the T station before work... end of the day I get back to my car and the radio is not working again...

:banghead:

any ideas??

boschmann
08-26-2005, 05:56 PM
If the only thing that works is the blinking theft light then it is an internal failure which is fairly common. Pulling the power will sometimes reset it, but eventully it will die again.

mydogpeanut
08-29-2005, 11:04 AM
If the only thing that works is the blinking theft light then it is an internal failure which is fairly common. Pulling the power will sometimes reset it, but eventully it will die again.

The theft light on the door that blinks is working but no power to the radio at all. Is that what you were talking about? I will try and pull it... hopefully that works...

mydogpeanut
09-19-2005, 12:15 PM
The theft light on the door that blinks is working but no power to the radio at all. Is that what you were talking about? I will try and pull it... hopefully that works...

Still not working :(

Could it be the wire harness?

Is that hard to replace?

boschmann
09-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Dead radio.

veedubmechanic
09-20-2005, 12:04 AM
replace the radio

1.8TVWCraze
09-27-2005, 06:52 PM
It could be the fuses on the side of the door. When i had that same problem i had to check everything, the only way i fixed it was when i pulled the fuse from the side and it was messed up, it was connected but alot of corrision was on the fuse. When i replaced it, it started working fine. It could be that or a defective radio.

CaptainBennett
10-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Is the cost of taking it to the dealer going to outweigh the cost of buying a new unit?

My Monsoon still appears to be working OK on my '02, but I'd like to get something new that allows me to use my Ipod with the interface.

Add your comment to this topic!