Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

63 chevy engine

andyleflar
07-17-2005, 05:38 PM
i have a question to anyone who can provide a little insight,
I just need an opinion, I am trying to restore my 1963 chevy biscayne to it's original glory, and of course i want to keep it as orginial as possible, well i came across an original in line 6 for it with the tranny! but the guy is asking 900 green backs for it, is this too much or is it a fair price?

bobss396
07-21-2005, 07:47 AM
If the motor and tranny are COMPLETE and you don't have to dig up any accessories, the price is not bad. Just make sure that you can hear it run if possible. Verify that it is actually from a '63 Chevy, you should be able to find pix on the web or from a Chevy book.

Bob

andyleflar
07-21-2005, 05:35 PM
If the motor and tranny are COMPLETE and you don't have to dig up any accessories, the price is not bad. Just make sure that you can hear it run if possible. Verify that it is actually from a '63 Chevy, you should be able to find pix on the web or from a Chevy book.

Bob

Thanks,

everything seems to check out, and yes it runs, it's the quietest inline 6 i have ever heard, not even a sputter. I even had the guy put the tranny in gear, and it shifted like butta'. everything is included including a brand new starter!

Add your comment to this topic!