Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HeLP

gwako
04-26-2002, 01:15 AM
CAR = 1992 Civic Si HB

Ever since I installed a front strut tower, and a rear lower tie bar, I've been getting a knocking sound from my car everytime I hit a bump, I dunno if it has anything to do with strut tower or the tie bar, or if it is just a coincidence, the noise I get is like a knocking and squeeking noise, from the right front side I think..., I took it to a mechanic, and said it seems like a sheet maetal hitting soething or being loose (meaning the exhaust), but he said to wait till the noise got worse, to find the exact source. I'm thinking the engine mounts are gone or the bushing on the engine mounts. I NEED EXPERTISE CAUSE IT"S REALLY BOTHERING ME....Does anyone know what the hell is this ?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

EightOhOne
04-27-2002, 04:42 AM
If it started after you installed the strut tower brace, thats probably the cause of it. I say take it off, and give it a test run and see if it clears up the problem.

gwako
04-27-2002, 11:03 AM
But, has any one else experienced noises after they installed their strut towers...

5_LiTeR_EaTeR
04-27-2002, 10:53 PM
Ok heres what you do. First off do a bounce test and see if it will still make the noise. That means go to where you think the noise is coming from and bounce the car up and down really hard with your hands. If it makes the noise its probably a lower control arm bushing or sway bar bushings. What you do now is eliminate all the possibilties. Get some penetrating oil or some spray lubricant and sray every rubber bushing you see. DO EACH ONE AT A TIME and take it out for a test drive. that way you can narrow it down. You will still need to replace the bushing for whatever it is. If that doesn't work then try spraying the rubber seat to the coil spring. If thats not it.... look for anything unusual like wear or rub marks. strating cutting or moving things of you can see em. Hope that helps.

~Alex~

5_LiTeR_EaTeR
04-27-2002, 10:57 PM
*Start moving things or cutting things if you can see any of them*

hope that clarifies things.

Add your comment to this topic!