Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Some is really wrong with my car (97'Jetta GT)

dispatch538
07-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok let me start by saying I know NOTHING about cars...so this will be very simple language.

I recently got my car fixed. The replaced belts and sensors...sorry dont know exactly what. Ever since then I have been having strange problems.

First my E-brake light would click on and off ( I could hear a clicking sound in my dash) when I was driving. Then my headlights started switching off as the E-brake light would click on...just happened at any moment...so indication or pattern. Now last night my air conditioning was added into the mix, switching off along with the headlights and E-brake.

What the heck is wrong with my car? I am worried it is going to stop all of a sudden on the interstate which is very scary... Help!!!

passatGLwgn
08-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Ok let me start by saying I know NOTHING about cars...so this will be very simple language.

I recently got my car fixed. The replaced belts and sensors...sorry dont know exactly what. Ever since then I have been having strange problems.

First my E-brake light would click on and off ( I could hear a clicking sound in my dash) when I was driving. Then my headlights started switching off as the E-brake light would click on...just happened at any moment...so indication or pattern. Now last night my air conditioning was added into the mix, switching off along with the headlights and E-brake.

What the heck is wrong with my car? I am worried it is going to stop all of a sudden on the interstate which is very scary... Help!!!

I would take it back to whomever performed the jobs, and have them sort it.Sounds like the dash was out of it...any rattles?

veedubmechanic
08-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Sounds like an ignition switch problem. Common to go bad

ctuagent117
09-05-2005, 07:20 PM
daaaarnnn sounds like an alien abduction

Add your comment to this topic!