Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan Micra/March K10 SuperTurbo MA09ERT

temerity
07-14-2005, 02:09 PM
I have recently updated this writing as of Sept 7, 2008

I started this quest back in 1989 when I first learned about the fantastic Turbo/Supercharged MA09ERT which was sold in Japan. When I First learned of this twin chargers' potential I was totally smitten. I Had To Have One, since then my collection of engines and parts has slowly grown.
The only drawback is that the MA09ERT is no longer made and parts support by any North Amercan Nissan dealer is at best non existant.
I have found one Importer here in BC Canada and has proved to be a great asset. The MA10ET seemes to be a good test bed for further development and testing so I keep forging ahead and have been built a prototype Engine utilizing MA10ET Block with much the same setup as the original MA09ERT . . . A twin charged engine with a total output target around 120-150HP . . . NO this not guaranteed but just stated at this time due to the availability/compatibility of parts namely the (Aisin) AMR 500 Supercharger and most importantly, the Programability/Reliability factor of the March ECU.
In the past I used MA12 engines which parts were easily found but due to standard piston design boost was limited and supplier for custom pistons and metal head gaskets went out of business so the project has been shelved.

March_Ed
08-28-2005, 03:11 PM
These engines were never sold in Europe. They were only sold in Japan and areas around there.

March_Ed
08-28-2005, 03:13 PM
To add another thing. They will do alot more power. I run mine at around 24PSI. Its making around 175-180 bhp. As standard they make 110bhp from around 10 psi, so I would be interested to hear how you have got so much more from no increase in boost.

sashaG60
02-06-2006, 04:18 AM
do have any micra turbos 4 sale

March_Ed
02-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Nope sorry

Add your comment to this topic!