Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What's the ghettoest car you've seen in Cali?

DarknessRS
04-25-2002, 05:31 PM
For me, it was actually my friend's 91 accord. It was green and he tried painting the mouldings from black to white, but it looked like he tried to use white out to paint them. The paint was also very oxidated The inside was all torn up, and he had the 'sound system' had wires running around everywhere. And this is odd because he only had factory speakers and a subwoofer (without a box might i add).

The thing also had a bunch of mechanical problems including: broken A/C, brakes that you had to push to the floor in order for them to actually do something, no 3rd gear out of the 4spd auto, every single power feature broken, and probably plenty more i didnt catch.

The worst part is that I actually got a few rides in that poor Honda. And every time i feared for my life :p because he also drove like a maniac. It was embarassing being seen in that car, but it was better than walking.

Someday I'll take that car out to the pasture and just put it out of its misery.

THE4TH
04-25-2002, 07:20 PM
there' s a guy with a 91 or so accord around my place that has all the windows busted out... no plactic or anything, even in the rain the other day.. and most of the body panels are diff colors.. but none the less he's got it slammed, and has a fart pipe on the back and pump dmx from his cracklin speakers...
oh and a fuzzy stearing wheel cover.. lol...:rolleyes:

RedY2KCivic
04-25-2002, 09:22 PM
My best friend used to have a '91 VW Cabriolet with holes in the canopy, no muffler, a cracked engine block, all of the seals were peeling off, the carpet was pulling up and the seats were coming un stuffed. The side moldings were coming off (once she took it through the car wash and she had more on before she went in than when she came out). During the rainy season she used to put diapers everywhere so that they could soak up the rain instead of it just sitting and pooling and molding.
Oh!! And she always had a disco ball hanging from her rearview mirror.
:hehe:

But now she's got a good head on her shoulders and she's :smoka:'n around in a '91 Teg :D

emadboy200
04-26-2002, 01:10 PM
There is a 4th gen teal colored hatch that delivers pizza for some small ass pizza place it has all white body kit, white hood scoop, white double stack wing, and white hub caps. I'll try and take a picture of it next time. The funny thing is that guy tried to race me one time too. I just let him drive past me it was too funny. LOL

RedY2KCivic
04-26-2002, 01:38 PM
Oh! I thought of another one! Well it wasn't really ghetto, just incredibly ricey. I remember sitting at a dark stoplight at like around midnight, and to the street to my right, this little car pulls up, sounding like a coffee can full of marbles, and lights flashing inside like it was a rave or something. I look closer, and I notice the windshield washer leds (blue), and the 'tire flys' (red), plus, a green light on top of the little nub antenna on one of the fenders. The headlights themselves were hyper white, and the whole thing was dumped. I couldn't figure out what kind of car it was, until it made a right turn as my light turned green. As I pulled up behind, I noticed a wing on the back--as close to a Type R wing they could get, and it wasn't very straight. The car was a jade green, and there were some tiny white wheels pushed out (vato style :D ), with little tiny white walls. :apuke:
As I tried to take my attention off of the hideous thing, I couldn't conceive what car that was under all of this wrong-doing, and I just drove in shock, behind this BMW Z3. :eek:
Don't ask me how they did it, but it was done. They took a gay car, and made it even gayer. :rolleyes:

Oh! And the last time I went to the races, I also saw a CRX with the Chevy bowtie and a Z28 badge on the back. :hehehe:

grrltoy
05-03-2002, 11:23 AM
there's a kid that lives next to me. he has a 92 Integra COVERED in APC stickers. It's red, with yellow paint splash on the front and sides. It has 17 inch yellow Enkei rims. The interior is hand painted red (air vents, etc.) brush strokes and all in it. Totally wack!!! When his parents bought the car, it was plain, but in awesome shape. He's gone and ricer rigged it all up. and a very bad job I must say. What are they thinking? They leave out in the morning for work or whatever and think, "Damn!! ain't no ride, like my ride....."

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 11:57 AM
http://www.funpic.hu/ot/ot344.jpg

DarknessRS
05-03-2002, 12:24 PM
omg thats hilarious!
Ill bet the thing cant move because the front wheels are off the ground

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 12:35 PM
hahaha
Too bad it's not Cali, but it's still funny. :hehehe:

DarknessRS
05-03-2002, 12:39 PM
I should take a pic of my neighbor's '98 Accord "Type-R".
It must be a very low quality Type R considering the engine is an SOHC 4 cylinder, it doesn't have alloy wheels, and Honda forgot to put their "H" emblem on it. :rolleyes:

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by DarknessRS
I should take a pic of my neighbor's '98 Accord "Type-R".
It must be a very low quality Type R considering the engine is an SOHC 4 cylinder, it doesn't have alloy wheels, and Honda forgot to put their "H" emblem on it. :rolleyes:

haha
One of my neighbors has a 4 door '96 Accord LX-R :hehehe:

DarknessRS
05-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Just found a funny one off of funpic!

http://www.funpic.hu/ot/ot1392.jpg

This 'Geo' is probably just as fast as the ones over here.

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 01:31 PM
:hehehe:
hahahaha
Hell yeah, this one has more horsepower, I can tell you that.

emadboy200
05-03-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by DarknessRS
Just found a funny one off of funpic!

http://www.funpic.hu/ot/ot1392.jpg

This 'Geo' is probably just as fast as the ones over here.

all he needs is a body kit on that donkey and he is set for life. :D

RedY2KCivic
05-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Okay well, I guess this is considered whoring because it doesn't follow the thread, but I wanted to share this sweet beamer--about as far from ghetto as you can get, and it's from Cali, so here ya go. :D

http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/bilder/pic_ch4.jpg

82civicwagon
05-04-2002, 05:29 PM
my car is the ghettoist in cali!
82 civic station wagon
partially faded, peeling maroon ,
but mostly primer grey,
steck 13" rims painted from silver to black for that nascar look
coffee can muffler that is mounted too close to the body producing an anoying noise over every bump, to go with the noise coming from the front suspension due to worn out strut tower bushings, and worn lower control arm bushings.
runs on 2 of 4 cyl currently due to auxillary valve o-rings sucking oil and fouling spark plugs, it also creates outrageous plumes of smoke from the burning oil.

RedY2KCivic
05-04-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 82civicwagon

steck 13" rims painted from silver to black for that nascar look

super 96 accord
05-06-2002, 04:16 PM
pink or purple (don't remember) geo metro on real gold daytons. The wheels actually cost more than the car!!!!!

RedY2KCivic
05-06-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by super 96 accord
pink or purple (don't remember) geo metro on real gold daytons. The wheels actually cost more than the car!!!!!

haha
those geos are little tin can throw away cars, why the heck would anyone waste putting $$ into one? lol

Melt
06-14-2002, 12:45 PM
84 Honda Civic Sedan with painted on racing stripes (and the stripes were peeling). This car had like 300,000 miles and a fat "Honda Racing Team" Banner across the windshield

Also about 3 blocks down there is a 91 Accord "type-r". Hella mods but again the paint is peeling and its an AUTO!!. My moms stock MT 91 EX could probably kill it.

Melt
06-14-2002, 12:47 PM
and also, my friend has a 94 GS-R which he bought stock and proceeded to dump about $2000 worth of mods into it. Funny thing is at the track he runs a SLOWER 1/4 mile than he did when the car was stock. Also whenever he floors it black smoke pours out of the exhaust.

Add your comment to this topic!