Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dashboard vent problem

zeppelin2112
07-13-2005, 11:16 AM
recently purchased a 93 s10 Blazer, and have a problem where the AC and Heat only come out of the floor and windshield vents, nothing from any vent on the dash... Any help you guys have would be great... thank you!!!

Also have a problem with 4-lo. Tried to switch it normally, and the light blinks amber for some time and goes back to green... Tried it in neutral, switching to park while it's blinking, and still nothing. Really no big deal, as i'll probably never use it... but it's just another thing that doesn't work, and i'd rather it did. =P

mike2004tct
07-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Both problems most likely related to bad vacuum lines.

Check all your lines from the manifold to the vacuum cannister, and
the line from the cannister to the transfer case.

Rick Norwood
07-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Both problems most likely related to bad vacuum lines.

Check all your lines from the manifold to the vacuum cannister, and
the line from the cannister to the transfer case.

Like Mike says, check the lines from the source all the way down to the other end of the line, not just to see if both ends are attached. On my 89 S-10, there was a vacuum line that looped around the base of the distributor that actually had a hole burned into it where it touched the distributor, and resulted in a bunch of problems.

zeppelin2112
07-14-2005, 04:26 PM
I know it's probably not a question you guys want to answer, but i'm not too experienced with cars, let alone something big, like my blazer... Where would I find the vacuum canister? I've searched through my Chiltons Guide, the internet, etc. Just a quick description would be so great... :/ sorry.

Rick Norwood
07-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Look for a 6 inch black ball on the passengers side of the engine compartment and see if the vacuum lines are connected to the ball.

zeppelin2112
07-14-2005, 05:05 PM
ok... traced all the lines, only to find this
http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img11175lg.jpg
(sorry, couldn't figure out the weird forum html to post the picture in the box)
am I missing some lines that should be connected to these points? Otherwise, the lines look like they're all intact...

Rick Norwood
07-14-2005, 05:41 PM
It sure looks to me like you are missing some lines. From what I can see in the photo, 2 out of 3 lines look disconnected or missing.

zeppelin2112
07-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the advice... Found one hose that plugged into the smaller point, and the bigger hose plugged straight into the engine... also fixed my cruise control. You guys are great. :)

Rick Norwood
07-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Another happy customer! You gotta love it!

Add your comment to this topic!