Easy Firewall Passthrough?

ProjectXBOX
07-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I own a 2003 Silverado reg cab, and im in the process of rewiring all the warning strobes i have installed, because when i installed them the first time i did it really quickly and it turned out sloppy..

My question is, is there an easily accessable grommet or punchout in the firewall that i could use to pass some wiring through, i dont want to have to drill and i noticed there are punchouts on the floor behind the drivers seat.. anything like this up front?

thanks guys!
Jay

dr_of_lovephd
07-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Follow your emergency brake cable down and there is a big 1.5-2 inch grommet. It is behind the carpet so you may have to pull the carpet up a few inches. You can easily pass a wire through or around it.

Also, I have talked to someone who customizes trucks, and he just takes off the plastic kick plate on the drivers side and drills a hole in the metal below it to run the wires.

ProjectXBOX
07-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Follow your emergency brake cable down and there is a big 1.5-2 inch grommet. It is behind the carpet so you may have to pull the carpet up a few inches. You can easily pass a wire through or around it.

Also, I have talked to someone who customizes trucks, and he just takes off the plastic kick plate on the drivers side and drills a hole in the metal below it to run the wires.

Excellent, thank you.. its very clear that chevrolet doesnt want people adding anything to thier vehicles that involves running wires to the engine compartment.. even though they put that nifty + terminal in there to hook up accessories..

thanks again!!

sportin83
07-12-2005, 09:50 PM
if there is no hole make a hole. the best thing to get is go to lowes and get a unibit. and then check both sides of the firewall and then drill. then use silicone to seal the hole when done. its very easy.

Add your comment to this topic!